Mapping Keyboard to 2 controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping Keyboard to 2 controllers

I just purchased REWASD thinking I could map my keyboard to 2 separate controllers, so player 1 and 2 can use the same keyboard. It's actually an IPAC arcade controller that emulates a keyboard.

I can't figure out if this is possible, however, since it only activates one config at a time per device...

Any help?

Hello,
    Thank you for your question.

To use 2 controllers as the single one you may group them first https://help.rewasd.com/how-to-remap...f-devices.html. After that, you need to add second gamepad sub config - > do mappings - > apply the created configs - > play a game. I put some steps this link, please, check it.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstood what Im trying to accomplish. Or rather, I explained it poorly.

I have one physical keyboard that I would like to map to 2 seperate virtual 360 controllers. This way, both player 1 and player 2 use the same keyboard.

A lot of arcade controllers are actually keyboard emulators. In my scenerio, I have an IPAC which is basically a keyboard board connected to 2 sets of joysticks and arcade buttons.

ReWASD lets me map the IPAC to a single virtual 360 controller, and Im wondering if its its possible to map to multiple virtual 360 controllers at the same time. This is actually a fairly common situation MAME enthusiasts run into.

Comment

Hello,

I see now. Unfortunately, no, there is no option to create multiple virtual controllers from a single physical device. 1 physical device = 1 virtual controller. But we know about this feature and will try to add it to one of the next releases.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

So it's been a couple years and many of us are lookign for this feature still? How do we split one keyboard into 2 virtual controllers for arcade setups. Please guys this is a needed feature. So many arcade enthusiasts would use your software if you added this. I too bought it thinking I could and no apparently still not possible?

Comment

Hello!

Unfortunately, it is not possible yet. We will make a higher priority for this feature, but I can't tell you the exact ETA at the moment.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
              Hello!

Unfortunately, it is not possible yet. We will make a higher priority for this feature, but I can't tell you the exact ETA at the moment.
              Good to know I wasted my time and money on your product this is literally the only reason I wanted to use it

Comment

Hello,

Just checking in. Any chance we may see this feature in the near future? Allowing two virtual controllers to be associated with a single ipac would be a great addition.

Comment

Hi!

No news about any progress on this feature yet.

Comment

I've spent the last 8 hours trying to figure this out and really thought ReWASD was the solution. After much frustration I found this post so I'm assuming it is still not possible. I also have an arcade setup and running an IPAC. Was trying to get MK11 working for 2 player arcade sticks so I need to map player 1 and player 2 to emulate xbox controllers

Comment

Mapping a single device to multiple virtual controllers is still not possible with reWASD.

Comment

I'm about 1 hour into figuring out the exact same thing you were, also for MK11 on my arcade cab with IPAC. Thank goodness I found this post.
                        Apparently most with an IPAC don't realize it supports "multi-mode", which means it can emulate a keyboard (default) but it can also be switched to x-input and d-input mode. It's possible to change modes with key shortcuts or the command line. The info can be found on the Ultimarc site.
                        That said, for other reasons, I really wanted REWASD to be able to split a keyboard into two virtual controllers. It would overall be a better solution than the IPAC switching, for reasons.
                        There is a free program that does this, djlastknight's keyboard splitter.. but there is no command line or any way to activate this other than with the interface... so that does me no good.

Originally Posted by Peeboo View Post
                        I've spent the last 8 hours trying to figure this out and really thought ReWASD was the solution. After much frustration I found this post so I'm assuming it is still not possible. I also have an arcade setup and running an IPAC. Was trying to get MK11 working for 2 player arcade sticks so I need to map player 1 and player 2 to emulate xbox controllers

Comment

You would have a paying customer in me (and many more I'm sure) if you could split a keyboard device into two or more virtual controllers...

Comment

Hey there!

Unfortunately, there is no news about any progress on this feature yet, and mapping a single device to multiple virtual controllers is still not possible with reWASD.

We keep this idea in mind, but we cannot promise anything.

Comment

Hi, I'm just researching how to turn a keyboard into multiple controllers because I'm considering buying the JVS-PAC 2, so I thought I'd echo the others and say that this is a feature people are looking for cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X