Weird stuff happens with my analog sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird stuff happens with my analog sticks

With remap on, when I turn the analog stick to any direction to walk or aim and release it, it sometimes get stuck in that direction. For example, in MGS2 (emulator) I entered a room and noticed there was a guard on the other side, I got near him and then I released the analog stick to stop, but my character just kept going and then I was spotted. I can get unstuck from that direction if I use the analog stick again, but it's a pain in the ass because sometimes I'm trying to aim or I'm trying to be stealthy and then that happens and it screws up everything. And no, it's not the controller and not the game because this only happens when remap is on and it also happens when I play games on PS Now

Can you share the config you are using for a check, please? And can you tell what your controller is?

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      Can you share the config you are using for a check, please? And can you tell what your controller is?
      I use an app called DroidJoy that emulates a Xbox 360/Xbox controller on my phone.

Here are the configs that I use:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Anota-o-2020-08-13-205114.png
Views:	496
Size:	667.1 KB
ID:	220743

Name:	Anota-o-2020-08-13-205022.png
Views:	442
Size:	671.7 KB
ID:	220742

Comment

*Xbox 360/Xbox One controller

Comment

Could you also show advanced settings of stick mappings too? Or maybe upload the config files here? You can find them at C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles\

Comment

Here they are.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ok. Can you try to reproduce this on Gamepad Tester and specify the steps you take. Your case seems to be an atypical one, so we'd like to have as much information as possible.

Comment

1 - Connected the controller and used the analog sticks. Worked fine.

Name:	Anota-o-2020-08-14-111654.png
Views:	456
Size:	426.5 KB
ID:	220756

​

2 - Turned remap on. Weirdly worked fine.

Name:	Anota-o-2020-08-14-113023.png
Views:	434
Size:	410.0 KB
ID:	220757

3 - Turned MGS2 on, entered in the game and I started moving around. The issue started happening. (These pics were taken after releasing the analog stick)

Name:	Anota-o-2020-08-14-115038.png
Views:	402
Size:	420.6 KB
ID:	220759

4 - Closed the game but the issue continues to happen.

Name:	Anota-o-2020-08-14-121210.png
Views:	429
Size:	423.8 KB
ID:	220760

5 - Turned remap off and the issue is gone.

Name:	Anota-o-2020-08-14-121358.png
Views:	422
Size:	334.6 KB
ID:	220758

It can't be the emulator because this only happens when remap is on and it also happens when I'm playing games on PS Now.

Comment

This forum only allows 5 pics per post, so here's another showing basically the same issue while MGS2 was open.

Name:	Anota-o-2020-08-14-115501.png
Size:	338.0 KB
ID:	220762

Comment

Please, set "Virtual gamepad" to DS4 in reWASD settings, apply config before starting PS Now and check if the issue persists.

Click image for larger versionName:	Annotation 2020-08-14 153344.pngViews:	0Size:	32.8 KBID:	220765

Comment

Originally Posted by 35antonio View Post
                      This forum only allows 5 pics per post, so here's another showing basically the same issue while MGS2 was open.

Name:	Anota-o-2020-08-14-115501.png
Size:	338.0 KB
ID:	220762
                      I'm only going to be able to test it tomorrow. I'll give you the feedback once I do it.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Wrong quote, sorry.

Comment

Hello,

Sure, take your time. Thank you for your testing. BTW, what analog movements do you use in the game? Any unusual moves?
                          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
                            Hello,

Sure, take your time. Thank you for your testing. BTW, what analog movements do you use in the game? Any unusual moves?
                            The usual. Running in that direction, aim in another direction. Nothing unusual

Comment

Strange that the same is not reproduced in the tester only. Hope the new virtual controller type may give us some clues.

Comment

Working...
                              X