Trouble Mapping to Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Mapping to Controller

I'm using an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and there's two things I'm trying to do at the moment that I can't figure out.

In the game I'm playing you normally click the RMB once to aim down sights, then again to stop aiming. So, I've configured reWASD for a "Start Press" and a "Release Press" with RMB on the left trigger. That way it only aims when I'm holding down the left trigger, like it does in console games. The issue is I also need the ability to do a hold action with the RMB. So I added a "Double Press" with RMB as well. This kinda works. But when I'm done doing the hold action it acts like I clicked one more time after it finishes, so it brings up the sights until I do another double press. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

The next thing I'm trying to do is make it so when I push up on the d-pad it will do two actions. First is to hold X on the keyboard for, lets say, 100 ms. Second is to do a scroll up on the scroll wheel by one notch, lets say, 50 ms into the hold X. I saw the "Key Combo" thing but I couldn't figure how to make it do anything with the scroll wheel?

Does anyone have any insight on how I could accomplish either of these things?

Hello,

1. Perhaps, it would be better to add RMB to combo and turbo it, like this. In this case, the is RMB is pressed while you're holding the trigger plus you may click trigger to fires regular right mouse click

2. There is no option yet to emulate scroll in a combo, only in separate mapping, like assign some button to scroll movement.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
      Hello,

1. Perhaps, it would be better to add RMB to combo and turbo it, like this. In this case, the is RMB is pressed while you're holding the trigger plus you may click trigger to fires regular right mouse click

2. There is no option yet to emulate scroll in a combo, only in separate mapping, like assign some button to scroll movement.
      Thank you for your advice. I'll give the first one a shot. Hopefully emulating a scroll action in combo can be added at some point. It would be very helpful.

I ran into another problem while I was awaiting a response. When I was playing the game yesterday it randomly started doing things I didn't map to the controller. I figured out that the game had activated the built in controller support at the same time. So when I push a button on my controller it does what I mapped in reWASD and whatever the built in action for that controller button is. The weird thing is it never did this before yesterday. Do you know of a way to prevent a game from activating the built in controller support?

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your reply.

What game do you play? In case you remap your controller to keyboard and mouse, please check that controls are unmapped. It could possible that the game detects the gamepad and keyboard inputs and fire them at the same time.

More details about the unmap feature.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,
          Thank you for your reply.

What game do you play? In case you remap your controller to keyboard and mouse, please check that controls are unmapped. It could possible that the game detects the gamepad and keyboard inputs and fire them at the same time.

More details about the unmap feature.
          The game is Squad, it's an FPS on Steam. Thanks for providing detail on the unmap feature. I always thought it would completely unmap the button, not just the native button.

Let me see if I got this straight. If I have the controller button "A" mapped to press the keyboard key "H" then it was effectively be like pushing the controllers "A" and the keyboards "H" at the same time. So if the game had built in controller maps then it would do both actions. But if I turn on unmap for the controller button "A" then it will only be like pushing "H" on the keyboard?

Comment

Hello,

I'm not sure about the built-in controller as all you may select different controller layouts in the game or set custom controls layout. But the point is correct if a button is unmap it won't fire. If a button is unmapped and set with another mapping, only this mapping will be fired.

Also, I would also try to disable Steam controller support in Big picture mode as it could also be a reason.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

I'm not sure about the built-in controller as all you may select different controller layouts in the game or set custom controls layout. But the point is correct if a button is unmap it won't fire. If a button is unmapped and set with another mapping, only this mapping will be fired.

Also, I would also try to disable Steam controller support in Big picture mode as it could also be a reason.
              Sadly Squad doesn't allow you to change anything regarding the controller, at least to my knowledge anyway. When you go into the game settings it only lets you edit the keyboard controls. I'll give the unmap feature a shot and see what happens.

With the Steam controller thing, I actually took advantage of that. Since it is the only program that can actually disable in game controller mappings I simply enabled it and unmapped all the buttons. That way the in games controller would effectively be disabled and wouldn't conflict with reWASD. Now that I think about it that's kinda the same thing I'd be doing in reWASD going forward lol.

Comment

Hello,

I'm sure that unmap would help and you'll get the required gameplay.

Stau tuned!
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                X