Nvidia Game Stream disrupted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia Game Stream disrupted

I'm experiencing an issue where reWASD is interfering with Nvidia Game Stream's controller capabilities. With reWASD installed (and not even launched), it interferes with the Xinput controller detection somehow and all Game Stream devices (both Moonlight app and Shield hardware) are not detected as controller inputs. Launching reWASD, it as well does not detect the Game Stream controllers.

Uninstall reWASD restores Game Stream controller functionality immediately.

Any fix? Or workaround to "completely disable" reWASD and whatever virtual devices/hooks it has in place that would be interfering with Game Stream?

Hello,
    Thank you for your question.

We found what the problem is and will fix it next minor update, planning to release in September (maybe a bit later). As a temp workaround, you may install the previous ver. 5.4 (available your personal account if you have a license key).

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thank you for the details on a workaround. I look forward to the update.

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your understanding.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Just a note, as I've continued to play with this.

The workaround of running 5.4 works for the Game stream xinput device, however it prevents *any* remapped device from being detected by FFXIV on my machine. I went through other long forum threads to no avail and I confirmed via joy.cpl that the virtual controller is working but FFXIV refuses to pick it up -- other games were just fine. Note that if I fully disable remapping for my Elite 2, FFXIV does read input.

I uninstalled 5.4 and reinstalled 5.5 to find that FFXIV was working for me again, as I had expected and tested during initial play before purchasing. Of course, Game stream was broken again.

For now I'll play with 5.5 as FFXIV local is the priority for me, but I'm hoping that 5.6 supports both use cases!

Thanks for all the hard work, enjoy your weekend!

Comment

Hello,
            Thank you for your feedback.

Did you create the virtual Xbox 360 or Xbox One that available in the latest 5.5 yo create? There were complaints that FFXIV couldn't pick up the controller when it was powered off and on again, connected wirelessly. But, the controller is detected correctly after applying. But it was about ver .5.4. Great to hear that the issue is irrelevant with 5.5.

The issue with Nvidia is planned to add with a minor 5.5.1 update, so it's going to be soon.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi there,

We have released a minor update where the Moonlight issue was fixed. Please, update to the latest version to check the fix.

Let us know any results.
              ​​​​​​
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
              X