Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS2020 Help

Hello,

I'm a fan of most simulation games. I also have a physical disability that makes it difficult to use most controllers. My powered wheelchair's joystick can also act as a Bluetooth mouse, which is how I flew around in FSX. As many know, Microsoft decided to leave using a mouse as the joystick out of FS2020.

A few on various forums suggested Virtual Controller. So, I installed it (along with vjoy). It works great! There's only one problem. I can't switch my mouse from joystick to mouse, which is needed to use the panels during flight. VC's start/stop hotkeys (F5 and Shift-F5 Don't work unless VC is in the foreground.

Is there a way to start/stop VC while flying without bringing VC to the foreground and losing control of the plane?

Thanks in advance for your assistance, as well as creating this program!

Hello,

As I understand, your mouse is remapped to the gamepad stick by reWASD. Please, try to use shift mode to switch between the controller's stick and mouse without switching remap OFF. I made a video showing what steps you may proceed with.

So, your main layout has gamepad control bindings, a shift is an additional layout where your mouse is. The shift modifier is the button that activates additional layout (to activate the additional layout you may press&hold shift modifier or toggle, as I did. But in this case a RapidFire feature is required to be active). Pressing shift modifier I switch between mouse and the right stick.

Does it make sense for your case?

More detailed about shift mode
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks,

I added on/off commands to allow easy switching (the UI you show in the video seems simpler). It works great now.

Now I stumbled onto one last problem. For some reason when in FS2020 the centered "joystick is towards the upper left of the screen. Ordinarily, you'd just go into the Windows joystick calibration. Unfortunately, Windows doesn't list any joystick for the device which makes centering a bigger challenge.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Comment

Hello,

1. Great, happy to assist.

2. Do you mean this is happening with reWASD virtual controller, or even with a physical one? I mean, is it because the game or some macro that mess up centering?
        In case, the controller requires the calibration, maybe steam will help. As far as I know Steam does have calibration mode.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

It's happening with Virtual Control. I had my wife plug in a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro (which I can't use) and it can be calibrated via Windows and works as it should in FS2020. FS2020 sees my Virtual Control as vjoy, but isn't listed in Windows hardware. It's important to note that in FS2020 control setup for vjoy, the bars that show the axis movement also indicate that center is towards the upper left. That means that I'm jery limited how far I can pitch down or left.

I'll post something on Steam to see if someone has had a similar problem and found a fix. There are some very helpful people there once you get past the "children". LOL

Thanks again!

Comment

Hello,

But as understand this is a virtual control created by vJoy. Perhaps it better to ask on vjoy forum regarding the issue with stick calibration created by this utility.

Please, feel free in case any questions regarding the reWASD come up.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
            X