Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller inputs stop working when controller is turned back on FiveM

Hello.
    So first let me say im an very new to this program and really have no idea how to use it.
    That said i have figured out some of the basics and it is now playable for me.

Now the issue.
    So i got this program to use in FiveM, Got everything set up for driving the way i want it, But when the controller times out all normal controller inputs stop working when i turn the controller back on.
    Any buttons i remapped to the keyboard however still function on the controller normally.

Anyone have any suggestion?

Hello,

Please, specify what config did you set? Does the config have a virtual controller? May I ask you to share the config that is used for this game mode (Preferences - My data - Config). Usually, if the game doesn't see the multiple inputs, like switching from keyboard to controller restart the game helps. The FiveM GTA mod is not good with controller in general. Maybe, it will be better to switch all the controls to keyboard actions in this case.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
      Hello,

Please, specify what config did you set? Does the config have a virtual controller? May I ask you to share the config that is used for this game mode (Preferences - My data - Config). Usually, if the game doesn't see the multiple inputs, like switching from keyboard to controller restart the game helps. The FiveM GTA mod is not good with controller in general. Maybe, it will be better to switch all the controls to keyboard actions in this case.
      Hi, Thanks for your reply.
      Main config keyboard controller hybrid set it for virtual xbox one but was experimenting with virtual 360 as well, Now its stuck on 360 but still works.
      Config 1 is a complete keyboard and mouse remap, I dont know if i just did something wrong with this config or im not properly switching the config but the analog sticks (Which are remapped to mouse) just dont work.

Im thinking i might just have to buy a wired controller to prevent power down in game, And just encase your going to suggest it, Yes i know about the auto shutdown timer in the options menu, I set it to 50 minutes but that didnt work, I guess the program can override the controllers default timer.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your config.

What physical controller do you use? I think you don't need to create a virtual controller at all. Please, do remapping on the physical controller, unmap buttons where keyboard mappings are going to be added (it should look like this).

Or

You may create a config completely with keyboard + mouse mappings and use Slots feature to switch between keyboard and controller (Slot #1 - keyboard, Slot #2 - controller).
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I unmapped the analog sticks and remapped them to the mouse and that seams to be working 100% now.
          I think the issue was i just didnt unmapped the sticks when remapping to mouse.
          The sticks are completely unreliable as they never seam to register after powering back on well in game, But testing with the mouse mapped on the sticks works perfect.

Still having issues switching slots but ill figure that out eventually
          Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello,

What issues? No need to create mappings for the second slots where physical controller, set combination for slot 1 and slot 2. As an example. Make sure that the right controller is selected.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Well for the second layout or whatever the proper term is, Slots i guess, I wanted to set up on foot controls.
              So still trying to learn the 4 circles at the bottom and the 0-5 at the top, I know 0 is my main and if i understand it right i would use one of the others as a different set of controls so number 1 for example.
              I tried shift 1 in game to switch from my main config to my next one but nothing happened.
              I just nee to play with it more and im sure ill get it at some point.

Comment

Hello,

Slots and shifts are different features.

Slots - a feature that switches configs. It's 4 dots below the software window, first dot - first slot and etc. Slots are changed with a set combination in the preferences. The second dot is the second config or your physical controller in your case.
                Slots are changed configs.
                Shift - it's an additional layout inside the same config. So So. shift 0 is your main configuration, shifts 1-4 are additional layouts that are switched by shift modifier (a button you set on a device). More details about the feature.

Agree with you that need some time to figure out what software can do, as it has a lot of features.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Can i ask your help one more time..
                  So i got everything set up, Controls are good how i want them and i set a shift modifier but it wont change.
                  I have no idea what im doing wrong.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Looks like the shift is working (left stick has was in main and mouse movements in shift). Do you want that shift switches the keyboard inputs and left controller only?
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi.
                      Thanks again for all your help, I really do appreciate it.
                      So two things.
                      First thanks for pointing out the error i made, No, I didnt want mouse controls on my shift 1 it was to be wasd.
                      And second, I was looking for some kind of visual indicator that the program had switch shifted, Like the highlight on the main config to now highlight shift 1 when i switch to it.
                      so thats why i thought it wasnt working.
                      I just switched some of the key on my shift 1 and tested it in notepad and yep.. It works
                      Be nice if the devs would add something like this in, Would have saved me a bit of bother.

Again thank you very much.

Comment

Hello,

We added an LED indication for supported controllers that have LED. So, you may see what configuration is for now by the color. Thank you for your suggestion, we have some ideas regarding how else it could be indicated. Will try to add them one of the next releases.
                        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                        X