Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can ReWASD be used for a custom made controller to act as a PS4 or Xbox controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can ReWASD be used for a custom made controller to act as a PS4 or Xbox controller?

Hi!

We've made a custom controller, it's functions as a generic HID device on Windows. (actually shows up on dev. manager as 2 separate devices because it has over the limit analog inputs.)
    Is ReWASD capable of porting the PS4 or Xbox inputs to our controller an act like one? Some inputs: ex. a digital button should be mapped to an analog input, or a combination of analog+digital input combo should be mapped to an analog input as well.

Thanks!

Hello,

How this custom controller was made? I mean, is it a virtual device created by another software or it's a physical customer controller? reWASD has a trial period, totally free, so you have the option to install the software and check whether reWASD detects the controller.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi!
      Thanks for the info! I'll try it right away. It is a physical controller prototype with 9 analog axes and only 4 buttons. You can check it here: 9axis.xyz

Comment

I've checked it, it shows up on the UI dashboard, but it is unsupported.

Comment

Hello,
          Thank you for your reply.

Interesting. May I ask you to collect the connection logs of your device? The steps are pretty simple:

1. Unplug all physical controllers.

2. Open reWASD via Admin - Preference - General - StartLog.

3. Connect your controller via cable and press the pair button in the reWASD interface. Wait 3-5 sec.

4. Back to General, and press StopLog. Then send us an archive. Please, follow these steps only to collect precise information, do not plug an additional controller or other devices.

Thank you in advance.
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Tried it, but I can't start the log. The button is not responsive. My guess it should change to 'stop log', but nothing happens.

Comment

Hello,

What do you mean is not responsive? When you press "StartLog" button description changes to "StopLog". When StopLog is pressed you will see pop up with to open file the location where logs are stored - http://recordit.co/jeAswGkcNz.

What is happening in your case?
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

Please drop archive here. But I see that logs were sent via DM. Will check it and back you ASAP.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                X