Gamepad not detected in Call of Duty.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamepad not detected in Call of Duty.

I've seen an issue similar to this for a few other users in the forums here, but none that I say were all that specific, and I think their issues varied from mine.

I just started using reWASD today, and I simply wish to map the right analog stick's down press (pushing the button into the controller) to the D-pad's down button. However, while this was easy to set up, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (the recent one) doesn't detect the controller when reWASD is active. If I turn off reWASD, the controller becomes detected again. I've rebooted the PC and had reWASD active before I launched the game, but it did nothing. I applied the "launch as administrator" option to every executable in the reWASD folder. I also made sure to apply CoD's game and the launcher itself to associated apps, and I've made sure to save and apply the settings I changed to the controller.

I'm using a physical wireless Xbox 360 controller. Given that I'm new and haven't touched too many settings, I imagine that it's something I'm doing wrong on my end, but I don't even know where to start looking either than this forum or the Discord.

Hello,
    Thank you for your question.

In case you need to do simple remapping, try to not create a virtual controller and remap the stick button like this. If the game doesn't see the virtual controller and restart\reboot doesn't help try different virtual controllers that reWASD creates, like DS4 or Xbox one.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
      Hello,
      Thank you for your question.

In case you need to do simple remapping, try to not create a virtual controller and remap the stick button like this. If the game doesn't see the virtual controller and restart\reboot doesn't help try different virtual controllers that reWASD creates, like DS4 or Xbox one.
      For the first solution, the controller and remapped bindings were detected by the "Game Controllers" app that you showed. However, that did not lead to the controller being detected in CoD. So, I wanted to try the second option, but the ability to switch to a virtual controller was greyed out and I couldn't click any of the options. Is that a paid-only feature? If so, where can I activate the three-day trial so I can try that out to see if it works? Or maybe I'm just missing something entirely and the virtual controller is available, but maybe I just didn't activate it or something.

Thank you for your quick reply, mate.

Comment

Hello,

It means that you already have created a virtual controller. Please, try to create a new config and then try with fiddle with virtual controllers. Available to use with a trial version, no extra payments for this case are required.

Also, open Settings - Controller - Hide physical controller when virtual is created option should be checked.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I created a new config, made it a virtual DS4 controller, applied the remapped bindings, made sure the the psychical controller was hidden, restarted the game, and it finally worked. Also, sorry for my late reply.

Comment

Hello,

Great news! Have a great gaming experience.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hey yall!

Not sure if this is the right subreddit, but my controller has been acting funky on COD (MW2019 and Vanguard) for PC, and I can't figure out what the problem is.

It's an Xbox 1 controller that I got last year, and it seems to be working on games that run off of Steam like Destiny and Nioh 2. When I try to use a game on the
              Battle.net launcher, the controller freaks out. https://vidmate.clickhttps://vidmateapp.winhttps://vidmateapk.win

Mostly, the controller keeps connecting and disconnecting while I'm in game. Pressing a button also launches chat or the menu, for some reason.

Any help/advice would be great! I think it has something to do with the driver side of things, so I'll be updating them in the meantime..
              Last edited by katesmith1304; 02.04.2024, 02:36.

Comment

Hello.
                1. Please send a screenshot of the full reWASD window with your config on it.
                2. If you are running Steam, go to your Steam controller settings and disable Xbox configuration support and Xbox Extended feature support.
                After disabling the latter, you will need to restart your PC.​

Comment

thank for your writting

Comment

Working...
                  X