Mouse X1 & X2 detected as gamepad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse X1 & X2 detected as gamepad

I have a corsair m65 elite mouse combined with a sony nav controller. I'm trying to map it all as an xbox controller to take advantage of having a mouse but getting the aim assist in COD.
    Almost everything is working great. It feels like sick the way it is almost snapping to players when I mouse over them. Only problem is, I can't get X1 and X2 to be recognized as controller keys. Every time I press them COD says I'm using a gamepad. I have both unmapped. one assigned to A and the other to Y. Neither will activate as A or Y and will just flash the gamepad waring on the screen. Helps appreciated thanks.

Hello,
    Do these remapped buttons work out of the game? Please, open joy.cpl - > select required controller - > press buttons. Do you see that A and Y buttons are triggered?

Also, check the native software, perhaps these buttons are remapped by the native utility as well that could cause the problem.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

So, I tried joy.cpl and it doesn't show the mice. Since last contact I also tried a logitech G502 and its software. I followed the mouse setup instructions here: https://help.rewasd.com/how-to-remap...ml#gamingmouse Assigned keyboard letters to mouse buttons in logitech software, then unmapped in rewasd and assigned to xbox controller actions. The game did the same thing. mouse 1 2 and 3(wheel) all work as reassigned xbox controller buttons. the rest give the same error up on the screen. "Gamepad detected switch controller type in options" If I use the mouse in game without rewasd, no issues all buttons assignable and work. Rewasd sees all the buttons as i click them to assign them .. I unmap them as instructed, and still get the error once I try using them in game. Example. Assign one key to letter P in native software. Then Assign it to xbox y button in rewasd. unmap it, hit apply. go into game, mouse is acting like controller, Button does not act as Xbox Y, but fires off the error above. I'm going to go have another shot at it now on a whim... going to try and make it all a playstation controller and see what happens. I'll update if that changes anything.

Comment

Sorry actual error is : Using Gamepad Visit options to change

Comment

Hello,
          Thank you for your reply.

It's weird behavior. The fully unmapped mouse is seen in the system as remapped devices (a controller, for example). So, whether the mouse is not fully unmapped (other additional buttons, stroll wheel click, do you use the scroll wheel in the game, is it remapped?) or interfering from native software. But I never have faced the Logitech problem.

1. Please, make sure that you work with "On-board memory" in the native software.
          2. Make sure that there are no other mappings in the native software, such as macros, hotkeys, functions, etc.
          3. May I ask you to collect the logs? We need logging with trace text. Please, follow the link to set up logging (reWASD.exe), apply the config, reproduce the problem in the game and send us reWASD TextTrace.txt and reWASD tray TextTrace - Apply.txt
          4. Game settings. Is the controller input is selected as primary one?

Thank you in advance.
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks for getting back star-lord actually solved it just this morning with your suggestion on #1... that was the key. But I really appreciate you taking the time to write this all up.
            I did indeed this am, load everything onto onboard memory, then disabled the native software so it wouldn't pull from there. Finally worked right Just too many Chiefs and not enough Indians trying to do the same thing :P

Comment

Hello,
              That's awesome! Have a great gaming experience.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
              X