Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

couple questions relating to gyros and remapping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couple questions relating to gyros and remapping.

First of all I must say thank you for this software! I am disabled and unable to use a conventional controller and have not owned a console since the Xbox 360 was first released because of it. This software coupled with a Logitech G13 and a Logitech G600 has allowed me to fully emulate a controller and play those exclusives I have wanted to play for years.

Now to the questions. I have looked and maybe overlooked the answer but was wondering a few things.

1. Gyro is currently my only issue with games. Being stuck emulating a controller with M/K I would have to emulate gyro as well to make use of games that require tilt or shake functionality such as Last of Us Remastered shaking the controller to turn your flashlight back on. I read that this was in the works and was curious about whether there was any news on this?

2. Currently the only workaround to the gyro that I have found is to turn remap off, plug the controller in, shake it, unplug it and then turn remap on as I have been unable to find a way for the physical controller to work alongside the virtual one. One thing that makes this process easier is the ability to set up a bind to turn remap off, this is great but I have been unable to find a way to turn remap back on with hotkeys (or overlooked it). Was curious if there was a way to bind turning remap on or if there already was a hotkey and eliminate the alt tabbing from the process or if there was a way to run both the virtual and physical controllers at the same time.

Thanks again for the amazing work.

Hello!

Thanks a lot for your feedback and kind words. We are happy to know that reWASD makes your gaming experience better

1. Yes, this feature is planned, but there is no exact release date at the moment. It is a pretty big thing to accomplish, and so I can't promise that it will happen soon. By the way, those games use not the gyro, but accelerometer. We do plan to emulate it, however, not in the upcoming version for sure.

2. In your case, it is better to use Slots and switch between a slot with a config and an empty slot. Empty slot is pretty the same as "turning remap off", and you will easily be able to switch back.
    At the moment, there is no hotkey for turning remap on, because all our hotkeys and commands work only when remap is on, so it's a kind of technically impossible.

Comment

In your case, it is better to use Slots and switch between a slot with a config and an empty slot.
      This is exactly what I was looking for thank you. Removed the need to alt tab.

Comment

Yay! Great that it worked for you.

Comment

Working...
        X