Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatpad question

Hello,
    How do I get the Chatpad to work with ReWASD?
    I just got my hands on the Xbox One Chatpad and I was hoping to use it for macros with my Elite 1 controller.
    When I connected it to the controller the keys on the Chatpad would light up but they didn't seem to do anything on the PC.
    Then the Xbox Accessories app popped up saying that my controlled needed an update so I updated it. After the update the keys on the Chatpad would not light up anymore and It just appears dead to me. There are no mentions of the Chatpad neither in the Xbox app or ReWASD. Am I doing something wrong?

Hello,

Please, specify how do you connect the controller, by wired or wirelessly? Please, connect the controller with the attached chatpad wired. The reWASD detected the chatpad as a keyboard that is displayed separately in the reWASD. I would also try to reboot the PC and reconnect the controller (wired connection).

Do you see the chatpad in the system (Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers)?

Also, sorry but are you sure that this is an Xbox One chatpad?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

It is connected via USB.
      It does not show up under the Devices and Printers.
      I got it refurbished and supposedly original. Maybe not refurbished enough? It was showing signs of life until the Xbox app wanted to update the firmware.

Comment

Hey there!

Firmware update is required for chatpad to be working in the system.
        You may need to reboot your PC after the firmware changes and reconnect the controller and the chatpad.

Once it is detected in the system, reWASD will see it too. At the moment, I would recommend you to check the official guide from Microsoft about how to set it up for the first time. Just skip the part about the console.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I have tried rebooting many times and tried different USB ports on my PC. It just doesn't show up anywhere.

Comment

Hello,

It looks that the hardware problem as the chatpad isn't detected in the system. This is the chatpad connection. As you can see it displayed as a keyboard in the reWASD and as a separate device in the system

Any chances to reproduce the problem with another chatpad?
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

So the "Controller" in the Devices and Printers was showing a keyboard icon regardless of whether the Chatpad was connected or not. I removed the device and waited for it to refresh and now it just shows the gamepad icon instead of a keyboard, again regardless of whether the Chatpad is connected or not.

Could it be a problem with the controller itself? It has ghosts of its own and I've fixed it myself a couple of times before. Random buttons would just stop responding all of a sudden and after I opened it up I found that the PCB's still had flux on them in some places... The sticker with the metal domes under the D-pad also had to be replaced because it got corroded. It came like that brand new from the factory... It started acting up right after the warranty expired.

Unfortunately I do not have other Chatpads or gamepads to test around and I am very hesitant to buy the Series 2 controller because of my experience with the Series 1. They never officially sold the Chatpads in my country and the only way for me to get the original one is refurbished from Ali Express...

Comment

Unfortunately, I do not know how to help you because we have never had similar issues. I think you may try to contact Microsoft support for the troubleshooting, maybe there are some other things to do with a controller or with a chatpad. If your controller acts weird, it also may be a reason why it is not working. Maybe you should try to reset your Elite in Xbox app and then install the firmware again?

Comment

I finally gave in and bought the Series 2... Yup, the problem was with my old controller. The Chatpad works fine now.
                  Thanks again for trying to help.

Comment

Hello,

Great news! Have a great remapping experience
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                    X