Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto Remap Without Explorer.exe running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Remap Without Explorer.exe running?

Hi,

I have auto remap enabled for some games and it works great.

However, on my arcade build, I have it configured so that explorer.exe does not launch on startup. Instead, a gaming frontend called Launchbox BigBox will run.

It seems as though I have to have explorer.exe running in order to launch the tray agent, which manages the auto mapping.

Is there a way to launch the process/service that controls auto remapping without running explorer.exe?

Hello,

I'm sorry, didn't have experience with the Launchbox BigBox, so some details are required.

1. What *.exe file is added for the Launchbox BigBox? how many *.exe files are at the software installation path?
    2. Are you talking about the Launchbox BigBox tray agent or something else?
    3. How the explorer.exe is related to the Launchbox?

Thank you in advance.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

1. The exe file added to the auteodetrct associated apps is etg.exe (enter the gungeon). I only want the remap for that game.
      2. I meant the rewasd tray agent.
      3. I purposely prevent explorer.exe (windows explorer) from launching when starting the computer. Instead, it launches BigBox, which is a frontend games launcher. This way, it bypass windows startup, which is nice for an arcade cabinet.

However, without explorer.exe, it seems the auto detect associated games doesnt work. I have to run windows explorer, which in turn launches REWASD tray agent and then the auto detect associated games work.

I am wondering if there is a process or service that manages the auto remapping that I can force run on pc pc startup without having windows explorer running.

Comment

Hello,

So, you try to make a sort of IOT envireiment. reWASDTray.exe is not linked to the explorer.exe processes and works independently. As an example, I made a video showing it.

As you can see, the explorer.exe process is terminated, a FAR manager is used to run the tray with already configured autodetect. As soon the hacker process utility is on focus, the config applies in the first slot, create a virtual controller with mappings. Out of focus - remap off.

The BigBox should be capable to autorun reWASDTray.exe processes or run it manually, I think. Also, check the Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Wind ows\CurrentVersion\Run, perhaps the rewasd try process simply was removed?
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
        X