Mx Master 3 X1 and X2 buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mx Master 3 X1 and X2 buttons

Hi. I just bought a mx master 3 mouse, and i noticed that , although reWasd recognizes the mouse via usb as (usb receiver...) and i can remap the left click right click, the side buttons don't get recognized. (X1 and X2). Maybe it is not supported yet, or logi doesn't send the standard key codes, idk. Can someone confirm this, or is just me doing something wrong? Thanks.

Hello,

In case the side buttons aren't recognized you may remap these buttons via the native Logitech software to some barely used keyboard buttons. Then re-assign remapped buttons in the reWASD

This is an online guide describing steps in details.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I did that! But idk why it doesn't work. What i did, i assigned x1 and x2 buttons from LOGITECH software to be F20 and F21 ( i tried also with Z and X just to confirm).
      The key gets recognizend in reWasd as F20 for example, but the mapping gets ignored. For example i added via Keypad icon in the mouse settings, and added F20 as they key i wanted to map into F, then i also hit UNMAP in reWasd, but it does nothing.
      I also tried to remap a Z key to F ( after I assigned the key to X1 button in logi software) but also gets ignored ( the result is still Z not F as it should be). I tested if reWasd sees the actual key from the mouse ( i pressed in the Add combobox the X1 button from the mouse and it got recognized as F20). It is strange that if i map the normal Left click from the mouse it works.
      I tried this with the Left mouse button: Single click remained as Left click, then Left Click Hold= G key. And that remapping works. Strange.
      Thank You .

Comment

Hello,

Please, check that On-Board Memory option is selected in the Logitech software.

Once again, is remapped X1 recognized as F20 in native software before the reWASD mapping?
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

A quick search got me this from reddit:
          ...our MX Master doesn't have an on-board memory like our gaming devices so you need to install Logitech Options to configure the mouse and it won't work if you open Logitech Options remotly from your home computer because it needs to be installed in the computer itself.

So it seems that the software for my device doesn't have that option "On-Board memory".

And yes, it is recognized as F20 also in reWasd as in the original software from Logitech.

Comment

Hello,

What Logitech software do you use?

Is it G-hub or Logitech Gaming software? I believe you need to select the mouse in the software - > Settings - > on-board memory mode is on the right side.

Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

It is "Logitech Options" the software that comes with MX keys and MX Master 3 mouse. So maybe that is why it doesn't work?

Comment

If there is no on-board memory, then the remapped input is virtual, and reWASD won't see it.

Never used this app, but it may be a chance that it has on-board memory option hidden in some preferences

Comment

I think you are right, i just read that
                  "
                  No. There is not onboard memory to save your settings. Settings are saved in the Logitech Options software on the PC. This is not specifically a gaming mouse. "
                  So i guess the mapping doesn't work on the hardware level, and I think that if I uninstall the soft i loose the mappings. So, problem solved, I guess MX Master 3 is not fully re-mappablein reWasd.
                  I hoped that at least the default buttons X1 and X2 sends some kind of keycodes so I can catch them in reWasd. Strange that a keycode detector detects the already remapped button in Logitech software(F20) and also reWasd detects it when i add it as the new option to remap it, but it gets ignored in my testings.
                  Thank you for the help .

Comment

Maybe you could try to unmap them in Logitech, so they will be detected as X1 and X2 actually, but not the fake keyboard keys?

Comment

There is not option to unmap them, there is an option to map them as Nothing...but it doesn't transmit any code then.

Comment

Then it seems there is nothing we can do.

Comment

No problem, thanks for taking the time.
                          At least I have some options, since the logi soft can remap 5 mouse buttons (middle click, x1,x2 ,the one behind the scroll wheel, and one tiny near the thumb) to gestures. With the gesture you have plenty of options, 5 gestures per button , ex. X1 button mapped like :
                          • Press=something,
                          • Press+Hold & movemouseUp= Whatever.
                          • Press+Hold & movemouseLeft= OtherKey/function
                          • etc.
                          But with reWasd I could have double and triple presses also full combos or something
                          Regards.

Comment

Hello,

Sorry, that couldn't help you with the particular mouse, but in case you get another mouse you know what you can do
                            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

So, after further testing I uninstalled the logitech optionssoft, then X1 and X2 was recognized properly by reWasd and the remapping works for all buttons. But i really need the Logi software in order to set the scrolls, and freespin and to see the battery status of my kb and mouse, etc and gestures. It would be nice if they work together. I just wrote this to inform whoever that you CAN remap the mouse buttons, but without Logi software installed. Or at least I couldn't find how to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X