Unable to unmap a key.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to unmap a key.

Not sure completely but I have a USB 18 Number Keypad. I can unmap every key except "000" and "Enter" I know "000" is just a function for "0" but "Enter" doesn't give me a chance to unmap it. I can assign something else to it but it won't function as the rewritten key, Just wondering if this a bug or this was on purpose. I know it says 5.4.0 but this happened after I installed 5.5.1 and for some reason I can't map it. I uninstalled and reinstalled a older version 5.4.0 to see if that would fix it but it did not.

Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - W0001.png
Views:	315
Size:	432.9 KB
ID:	221726
    Attached Files

Hello!

There are a few keyboard keys that are highly important for the system, and to make sure that you won't lose them in anyway, we forbid remapping the following ones:
    Enter, Right Shift, Right Control, Right Alt, End, Del.

However, you can remap Enter from NumPad (you just need to find it in the list manually, because once you press it on the physical keyboard, the keycode is the same as for the main Enter, and so you see "wrong" Enter in the list here.

Comment

Hello,
      is it possible to enable remapping of those essential keys with activation of some "expert" setting in the future?

Comment

Hello Kurm,

Well, it' not quite safe to remap the keyboard completely, especially buttons that are used in global system shortcuts even for advanced users. This topic requires a discussion, so we took it into account and will think about it.

Thank you for your suggestion.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
        X