Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rewasd crash after resume from sleep or hibernate

Hi,
    I've been having rewasd crash on resume from sleep, and also sometimes hang the PC when it enters sleep. The event viewer says this when it crashes from resume -

.NET runtime error ID:1026
    Application: reWASDTray.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException( System.ExceptionResource)
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].MoveNextRare()
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].MoveNext()
    at XBEliteWPF.Services.GamepadService+<RefreshGamepad StatesAndReactOnBattery>d__201.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowF orNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.Handle NonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading .Tasks.Task)
    at XBEliteWPF.Services.GamepadService+<<-ctor>b__178_12>d.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilder Core+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invok eImpl()
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invok eInSecurityContext(System.Object)
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Call backWrapper(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run( MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invok e()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(In tPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation( System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeIm pl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(Syste m.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl( System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(Syst em.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Ob ject)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Wind ows.Window)
    at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Wind ow)
    at XBEliteTray.TrayApp.Main()

Application error ID:1000
    Faulting application name: reWASDTray.exe, version: 5.5.1.2985, time stamp: 0x5f6081ef
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp: 0x42f14898
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x00129962
    Faulting process ID: 0x3220
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d6a094aa0f5b62
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\reWASD\reWASDTray.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report ID: b8531187-70b2-4e55-b1c1-a69e517ed322

Now it could be that I've left the remap active when sleeping/hibernating. I definitely left the app running in the taskbar. Is it best practice to turn remap off after using the controller and before sleeping the PC? or do you also have to close the app itself? (this would be a bit of a pain tbh, having to open it up every time)
    Or are neither of these things necessary. Thanks.

Hello!

Thanks for the logs. There is a definite error code here that refers to some troubles with .NET framework. Please consider reinstalling or restoring it. Here is a useful third-party link.

Unfortunately, in some cases there is no way to make .NET function properly, so OS reinstallation or getting back to the stale restore point will definitely do the trick.

Comment

Ok, Thanks for the reply. I'll look into doing some checks and repairs. I updated to W10 2004 a few days ago on my 3 PC's and on one PC it's been fine but on the other two it's been a bit flaky.
      Well, windows update just tells me there's an update for .NET 3.5 and 4.8, so I'll see how that goes.
      Cheers

Comment

Hi there,

Let us know any results.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

To fix the error try reinstalling the .NET Framework as this may works for you, but if not then disable and re-enable hibernation mode. Well, there are other solution as well you can have a look. https://www.pcerror-fix.com/pc-wont-wake-up-from-sleep-mode

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for the suggestion, hope it will also helpful.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi,
              Seems to be working fine now with .net updated and repaired. I also set up a shift layer to enable me to turn off the controller when finished.

Actually this might be an obvious question so I won't make another thread, but what's the difference between shift layers and slots in terms of how they're used?
              I've been using mainly shifts up to now and I wasn't sure if slots offered something else.
              Thanks

Comment

Hello,

The shift is a additional layer of the same config. So, using the same config you may add up to 4 layout and easy switch between them via shift modifiers.

Slots use to apply mostly separate configs and switch between them using the shortcuts. Also, you may use slots for autodetect
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                X