Input lag when assigning special button presses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input lag when assigning special button presses

I would like to set my Xbox One (PC Dongle) RB button with the following settings:

1) Short press = normal behavior
    2) Long press = toggle RB

When I set this, the RB short press has a noticeable input lag of almost .5 seconds. I've tried assigning the toggle RB to double and triple presses with the same result. Removing the long/double press settings eliminates the input lag for the short press. Is there a way to maintain the normal instant behavior of the short press AND add long/double press functionality?

Hi there,

Does the config contain controller mappings only, no keyboard ones? Please, also open the reWASD preferences - > Press time. Do you have default settings there?

May I also ask you to share your config file? What game these bindings for?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

The config does contain a keyboard mapping, but removing it did not solve the problem. The only thing that seems to solve the problem is removing the long press assignment from RB. AFAIK I have made no changes to the Press time settings. I've attached this config file for review. This binding is for Dead by Daylight, which involves a LOT of holding RB, but sometimes I need to just tab RB.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

In your config, you have Turbo on Single Press. If you want the button to act normally, Turbo should be removed.

Also, the delay is normal in this case. reWASD waits during a half of a second to understand which mapping should be emulated: the one for a single press or the one for a long press. Once you release a button (before the long press time has finished), the single press mapping will be emulated immediately.

So, with this setup, you need to tap a button if you need a normal behavior (press and release at once).

In addition, you can try to set a mapping to Start Press: it will work together with your Long press, but will be emulated once you pressed a button.

Comment

Working...
        X