Shift modifier not working as intended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift modifier not working as intended

Hello! I am trying to use reWASD to set up a modifier on my DS4 controller. Specifically, I am trying to use my L2 (Aim) trigger on the controller to severely limit the sensitivity on the Right thumbstick.
    I have set the shift modifier to the L2 trigger, but I cannot get the sensitivity down on the right thumbstick . It is still just as sensitive as if I had done no adjustment.
    I have not mapped any other function from any other device; I purely want reWASD to add a modifier to the L2 trigger.
    This is driving me crazy! What on Earth am I doing wrong?

Hi there!

I wonder, how were you trying to decrease stick sensitivity in reWASD? Games usually have an options to set different "stick sensitivity" when aiming.

But to do it with reWASD, you will need to:
    1. Select that Shift you're using for aim mode
    2. Go to [Advanced] options of [Right stick]
    3. Set a [Response] curve similar to this one:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2020-10-22_211719.png Views:	1 Size:	9.5 KB ID:	222037

Or you can move the last dot to the rightmost point to set it as maximum deflection value:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2020-10-22_212852.png
Views:	364
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	222038

You will need an [Advanced mapping] feature for that.

Comment

Maybe I wasn't doing anything effective at all, hence the post!

I guess mentioning the game would have been helpful. Destiny 2 does not have a means of adjusting stick sensitivity specifically, only your overall sensitivity. This makes trying to make quick looking movements with fine accuracy impossible.
      1) You can choose low sensitivity and look around at a snails pace while keeping great accuracy, or
      2) You can choose higher sensitivities and have great looking speed while having terrible ADS accuracy.

I was previously using a CronusMAX to do it, but that device does not support the Raiju Ultimate I'm using. I was able to make the CronusMAX severely limit the right stick globally while L2 was pressed. This allowed great freedom with looking while at the same time allowing to keep great accuracy.

It looks like the only way to match what I was doing before would be to map everything M+K to the controller, then set the shift rules with modded mouse sensitivities.

Comment

Changing [Response] curve should've helped in this case. Can you share the config you're using?

Comment

Working...
        X