Elite 2 Controller disconnecting when remapping is on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite 2 Controller disconnecting when remapping is on

When i first downloaded and starting using the program, it ran great, then an update came out last month and now i can't get it to work. When i switch to the profile i have created (slot 1), i get the windows sound that the controller is disconnected and in game the controller doesn't work. If i switch to a slot that is empty, the controller connects and starts working in game again. I have cleared out the data, i have made sure the data file path is correct, and i have uninstalled (both with and without deleting stored data) and have unchecked prevent other apps from using LED. I have also went into xbox accessories and created three profiles that are blank and assigned them to the main profiles in case its a paddle issue. Can i get some other suggestions? The only mapping i bought the program for was to use one of the paddles as a key designation for the \ key. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,

The latest reWASD version is 5.5.1. Are you talking about this reWASD update? How do you connect the Xbox Elite 2 cable, wireless? Is the gamepad still reported by the system when you heard a disconnecting sound? It's easy to check using the default joy.cpl utility (type the joy.cpl in Windows Search and check whether the gamepad is still there and how it's detected).

About a profile. What config do you use? What mappings have paddles?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Yes the update that was about a month ago i believe? I connect using usb cable. When pulling up joy.cpl, when its unmapped it says " Controller (Xbox One For Windows) when i turn on mapping it changes to "Wireless Controller"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Slot 4 - Back.JPG
Views:	822
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	222061

Name:	Slot 4.JPG
Views:	858
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	222060

Comment

You should map that [R3] via [Gamepad mapping] instead of [reWASD mapping]. This will not trigger a virtual gamepad creation on config [Apply] and should help with your problem.

Name:	image_2020-10-25_182616.png
Views:	722
Size:	537.7 KB
ID:	222063

Comment

This fixed it! Thank you very much Shion and Star-Lord!

Comment

Working...
          X