X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift Modifier on Elite 2 Xbox controller

Dear Developer,

thanks for such an amazing program.

I'm having difficulty in using Shift1 on LB (held down till release) while using LeftStick as WASD for walking or sprinting in-Game ( MMO-RPG )

every time i press LB (shift1) while walking to use another (layer) button to jump ( A button ),,, it pause immediately, till I re-Move LS (WASD) to walk or RS (Camera Mouse), then it active Shift1 layer to use whatever button assign to that layer LB ( Shift1 modifier ).

even when i release LB (shift1) it does the same thing.!

I tried to assign WASD to the 2nd layer to make it work. it doesnt fix it.

here is screenshots of my config. I would appreciate it if there is any help or support into this matter.

Main layer:

Click image for larger version

Name:	GwF.PNG
Views:	700
Size:	469.2 KB
ID:	222135

2nd Layer ( LB Shift1 ):

Name:	Gwf 2.PNG
Views:	399
Size:	457.1 KB
ID:	222136

2nd Layer ( LB shift1 ): Without WASD assigned

Name:	GwF3.PNG
Views:	638
Size:	453.5 KB
ID:	222137

thank you for reading anf for your support.

Hi there,

Tried to reproduce reported issue. Indeed W stops triggering but resumes triggering again. No need to release the stick or re-press the shift modifier.

May I ask you to reproduce the issue out of the game, via notepad for example (made screenshot where you may see pauses when LB press\release while stick deflected in full. Also, I mapped the A = space to see mappings inside shift).

Also, may I ask you to share your config file. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post

May I ask you to reproduce the issue out of the game, via notepad for example (made screenshot where you may see pauses when LB press\release while stick deflected in full. Also, I mapped the A = space to see mappings inside shift).

Also, may I ask you to share your config file. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Hi Yes i would love to do all that but im not sure how or what exactly you asking me to do, can we use discord ? so i can share my screen and do everything you ask me to do ????

Comment

Hey there!

Yep, we have Discord, here is the link.

Based on your screenshots, we could not reproduce any issues with a mouse. Once I press LB (and go to Shift mode), my mouse still moves. So maybe there is something we are missing in your setup, so the config should be the first step Also, we are checking the behavior on the desktop, so could you check it without a game too to see whether it happens on desktop?

Comment

please see the video i tried to explain.

I uploaded my config.
          Attached Files

Comment

in-game showing its stucks

Comment

As we have a discussion in Discord, I am not answering here
              He-he

Comment

Hey there! After a bit of testing with a game, I see what happens here.

Once you go to Shift, reWASD stops the emulation on a stick and restarts it again. Neverwinter clearly sees that the emulation has stopped, but seems to be too slow to detect the newly restarted action. If I add a small pause before each directional mapping, the game has enough time to detect it, and so character doesn't stop once you go to Shift or return to Main. I've attached a slightly modified config, and hope you will give it a go.

There is one funny side effect. If you go to Shift and back pretty quickly, you may accidentally launch a double movement which results in a special movement in a game. I hope it won't be a big problem for you.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X