Xbox Series X gamepad support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Series X gamepad support

Hello, I'd like to ask if you are going to add support for Xbox Series X gamepads? It has only one button more BUT this one button might be usedd as modifier button, in that case it would give us soooo many additional functionalities.
    Thanks.

Hello!

We won't be able to support it from the first day, but we will certainly do our best a bit later.

Comment

Of course I don't require it immediately.
      Glad to hear that. Thank you very much.

Comment

Hello,

You're welcome.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hey, I have a suggestion when you add support to the series x controller.

The share button would make a great 'modifier key' for inputs. It would be great to be able to quickly create configurations for share + up (for example).
          Using a real world example, I often use rewasd to remap buttons on my controller to quick save state and load state when playing on an emulator (e.g. F1 is save, F3 is load, Tab is turbo mode)
          With the series x controller, it would be great is I could very easily map those buttons to Share + up, Share + down, Share + right etc.
          I am sure this is already possible, I just want to be sure the share button is mappable

Hope this finds you well, and thanks!

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm sure that the button will be remapped and allowed to use the button in combo, shortcuts, etc.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by billogi View Post
              Hey, I have a suggestion when you add support to the series x controller.

The share button would make a great 'modifier key' for inputs. It would be great to be able to quickly create configurations for share + up (for example).
              Using a real world example, I often use rewasd to remap buttons on my controller to quick save state and load state when playing on an emulator (e.g. F1 is save, F3 is load, Tab is turbo mode)
              With the series x controller, it would be great is I could very easily map those buttons to Share + up, Share + down, Share + right etc.
              I am sure this is already possible, I just want to be sure the share button is mappable

Hope this finds you well, and thanks!
              That's the idea I created this post for haha.

Comment

Hi there,

We have already gotten the controller and working with it, so stay tuned!
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi,
                  I just got a series controller and discovered that the new share button is not supported at all on windows. It doesn't even work on controllers tests.
                  I'm wondering if i should return the controller for now and wait for microsoft to add support or are you guys having any success on mapping the share button?

Thanks

Comment

Hi, ICIBattousai

We have purchased the Xbox X controller as well. Working on it to add a fully functioned controller to support.
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

The Share-Button is now working on Windows 11 and also on Steam:

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1443564736839360517

https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/comments/njt6f9/xbox_series_x_share_button_pc_mapping_solved/

After the great LED-Update with version 6.0.1, this would be the next big thing for the Xbox-Controller-Community, because you would have one more button and it is very easy accessible with your left thumb.

Comment

We are already able to remap [Share] button on Xbox One X controllers. Though this might not work well together with Steam`s [Xbox Extended Feature support], so we recommend to have that disabled.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                          We are already able to remap [Share] button on Xbox One X controllers. Though this might not work well together with Steam`s [Xbox Extended Feature support], so we recommend to have that disabled.
                          Thank you, another great news! My XSX Controller is coming next week, i'm looking forward to try it out.

Thanks for the info to disable Steam's Controller Support.

The great advantage of the Share-Button is the easy access with the left thumb. You have now four buttons in the "middle" of the controller, which you can configure as you like thanks to reWASD!

Comment

We're glad that reWASD has made your gaming experience a little easier

Comment

Working...
                            X