Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gyro as mouse

hello,

I would like to map my joy con gyro to mouse, but when I do this games that only allow either m/kb or controller does not allow its function unless I set in-game device to mouse. I have previously used gyro to right stick which I find difficult to play with even after adjusting the zones (I play shooters). is there a way to use mouse as gyro but hide mouse so games do not see it? or could this be an option in the future?

also, I have read in a few recent posts that ds4 gyro emulation is being worked on. what does this mean in regards to the options of how gyro is currently being mapped?

thanks for the awesome product!

Hello!

This is an in-game limitation that doesn't let you use both mouse and controller at the same time. There is nothing we could do from our side to change this behavior.

I would suggest you to try remapping gyro to the stick again and tune the advanced settings to make it feel more comfortable. Please take a look at the deadzone and response — these options are the most crucial.

We do plan to implement DS4 Gyro emulation but it means that you will be able to remap your gyro from Joy-Cons to the DS4 gyro and play the games that support gyro with DS4 using your device.

Comment

hi reWASDer,

i expected this to be an in-game thing but just wanted to make sure there was no other way around it. i will continue to explore the advanced settings and see if i can find a comfort spot.

in regards to your response about ds4 gyro emulation, am i understanding that this will be purely off gyro and not having to map gyro to a stick, so long as the games support gyro? sorry if i am talking in circles, but if i understood that correctly it will be my personal favorite news yet.

thanks again for your product and quick responses!

Comment

Originally Posted by y0nkey View Post
        hi reWASDer,
        in regards to your response about ds4 gyro emulation, am i understanding that this will be purely off gyro and not having to map gyro to a stick, so long as the games support gyro? sorry if i am talking in circles, but if i understood that correctly it will be my personal favorite news yet.
        Exactly. If the game support Gyro on DS4, you will be able to use gyro on Joy-Cons as Gyro without necessity to map it to any other thing. Not sure about the release date at the moment, but this functionality is definitely in our to-do list.

Comment

hi reWASD,

very happy to see the release of 5.6.1! i just have two quick questions regarding this update:
          1. i'm able to connect my joycons to my ps4 via the External Device wizard; however, the input lag for both normal buttons & gyro make the games unplayable. my laptop has bluetooth 5.0 built in. do you still think i require one of the adapters to minimize the input lag?
          2. is it possible to make my laptop the target instead of my ps4 console? i've tried inputting the mac address for my laptop but the app just crashes. the input lag on normal button presses for my joycons are non-existent on my laptop as opposed to on my ps4 (noted above), but i am unable to use the gyro emulation.
          thanks for your tireless work on this program as always.

Comment

Hello,

1. It may happen because of the wireless connection. Your BT works as a server and client at the same time. How many devices BT connected to this BT adapter? Please, try to disable most of the devices and check the issue.

2. Yes, you can. Do you see the laptop from available device here (screenshot https://prnt.sc/wa7sv2)? Is this the same laptop, or you have another one? I mean plug the Joy-com directly via BT as client if this is the same PC with internal BT.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

1. It may happen because of the wireless connection. Your BT works as a server and client at the same time. How many devices BT connected to this BT adapter? Please, try to disable most of the devices and check the issue.
              i just have two devices connected, my left & right joycons. i've ensured to disconnect everything else.

2. Yes, you can. Do you see the laptop from available device here (screenshot https://prnt.sc/wa7sv2)? Is this the same laptop, or you have another one? I mean plug the Joy-com directly via BT as client if this is the same PC with internal BT.
              i do not see my laptop. all i see are my two connected joycons. i've also enabled Discovery on my laptop so it is discoverable via bluetooth, but this has not changed what i see in the Available devices on reWASD. would this be the only way to use my joycons on pc with ds4 gyro emulation, or is there another method where i do not have to check-mark External device?

thank you!

Comment

Well, if you dont want to use the rewasd on some other device, you can uncheck the mark. This mark is needed if you want to configure reWASD on one PC, but use it on PS4 or Another PC, Phone, etc.

If you want to use your joycons on PC, there is no need in checking the external device mark. Just plug the device in, it will be shown in reWASD, go to virtual device settings and select Dualshock as a virtual controller. Then finish the remapping and apply the config. After that your Joycons will work as Dualshock4.

Comment

great! got turned around on all the new features so i just bypassed the external device option. all features working now! thank you!

Comment

Always glad to help

Comment

Working...
                    X