Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASD registers as 8BitDo Receiver

Hello,

I recently had an 8BitDo receiver plugged into my Win10 machine. Now whenever I apply a config in reWASD it shows up as "Controller (8BitDo Receiver)" in the Game Controllers window. Does anyone know how to get rid of this 8BitDo driver?

Best regards
    Mr Flow

Hi there,

As I understand, you don't have it anymore. What controller do you connect to a PC and how, cable wireless that is detected as 8BitDo Receiver? Can you take the screenshot? How the controlled is detected in joy.cpl before the config is applied?

Also, please, check the Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers. Do you have reported device among other devices there?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi again,

In case the issue still actual.

Please open the registry editor (Win+R) and find the following threads:

1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control \MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM

Check the 045E:028E key in both threads. What is OEMName? Is it 8BitDo or Xbox 360?

Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi Star-Lord,

thanks for your quick response and yes, my issue is still relevant.

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
        Hi there,

As I understand, you don't have it anymore. What controller do you connect to a PC and how, cable wireless that is detected as 8BitDo Receiver? Can you take the screenshot? How the controlled is detected in joy.cpl before the config is applied?

Also, please, check the Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers. Do you have reported device among other devices there?
        I connect an XBox Elite Series 2 Controller via bluetooth. The 8BitDo was just connected briefly to update its firmware. Now it's in my Nintendo Switch. Here's the screenshot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	joy-cpl.png
Views:	598
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	222521

I also checked the Devices and Printers dialog and there is a marked controller.

Click image for larger version

Name:	controller.png
Views:	399
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	222522

Please open the registry editor (Win+R) and find the following threads:

1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control \MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM
        I checked here and the OEMName ist in deed 8BitDo.

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM
        In here, the key you specified doesn't exist. I checked the other keys, found nothing about 8BitDo or XBox 360.

Thank you for your help!

Comment

Hi there,

In this case, please open the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control \MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM again and remove the VID_045E&PID_028E key, contextual menu - > Remove, like this. Reconnect the controller, apply config. Check the issue again.
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thank you, the 8BitDo is gone

Comment

Hi there,

Great! Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate it.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
              X