GameCube controller not detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameCube controller not detected

I have the original GameCube wii u adapter/gc controllers. According to the support page, GameCube controllers are supported, so I was wondering what I was doing wrong? Dolphin detects them perfectly fine so its not a drivers problem. Any idea on what should I do?
    Last edited by ElOtroMiqui; 29.11.2020, 20:24.

Yes, it is correct. They are supported by reWASD.
    Make sure you have made this step.
    Otherwise, there should be no issues with that.

If this does not help, please do the following:
    • Unlug the device from the PC;
    • Launch reWASD 'as administrator';
    • Go to preferences - start log;
    • Connect your device;
    • Go to preferences and press Stop Log.
    And send us the log files collected. They will be available at: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs.

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
      Yes, it is correct. They are supported by reWASD.
      Make sure you have made this step.
      Otherwise, there should be no issues with that.

If this does not help, please do the following:
      • Unlug the device from the PC;
      • Launch reWASD 'as administrator';
      • Go to preferences - start log;
      • Connect your device;
      • Go to preferences and press Stop Log.
      And send us the log files collected. They will be available at: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs.
      The thing is, official adaptors do not have a wii u/pc switch, even the dolphin page says so. As far as I know, they're always in wii u mode.

Here are my logs, I did it twice just in case I did something wrong:

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for double posting but it doesn't let me edit my last post, aditionally this is the adapter I use.

Comment

Well, we had a little briefing.
          You should either use Dolphin, or reWASD.
          Not at the same time.

When you open it in Dolphin, controller disappears it from the system, thus, it cannot be detected by our software.

And never mind the message about not-original\original...
          Sorry about that.

Comment

Well, we had a little briefing.
            You should either use Dolphin, or reWASD.
            Not at the same time.

When you open it in Dolphin, controller disappears it from the system, thus, it cannot be detected by our software.

And never mind the message about not-original\original...
            Sorry about that.
            Yup, the original one doesn't have a switch.

I did try without opening dolphin, I even restarted my computer and made sure dolphin wasn't open. Still nothing does the logs show it recognizes the controllers?

Comment

It seems like we have some issues with it. As there is also another user with the same problem. We are checking the logs. Stay tuned.

Comment

Also, looks like logs were collected not correctly.
                Please try again.
                Device connect and disconnect should be completed after you have pressed 'Start Log'.
                Try plugging and unplugging several times before stopping the log.

Or you are using not the latest version of reWASD. Make sure it is 5.5.1, otherwise, download the latest build from our website.

Comment

Also, looks like logs were collected not correctly.
                  Please try again.
                  Device connect and disconnect should be completed after you have pressed 'Start Log'.
                  Try plugging and unplugging several times before stopping the log.

Or you are using not the latest version of reWASD. Make sure it is 5.5.1, otherwise, download the latest build from our website.
                  Sure, I'm attaching the logs once again. Some info for it that might help you guys:

I'm on windows 10, using reWASD 5.5.1. Before doing this I checked windows task manager to make sure there wasn't any process related to Dolphin open. I opened reWASD as administrator then I proceeded to plug/unplug the controllers in the following order:

1.- I connected the black cable of the adapter first
                  2.- I then connected the gray cable, which as far as I know is only responsible for vibration
                  3.- I connected a gamecube controller to the first port, waited around a minute and then disconnected the controller.
                  4.- I disconnected the gray cable first
                  5.- I disconnected the black cable.

I repeated this process three times in the exact same order, switching everytime which usb port I used.

Whenever I connected/disconnected them, my computer did sound indicating it did register them connecting/disconnecting.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the logs are empty. I would check the Dolphin emulator again and make sure that it's disabled completely (task manager or check if the dedicated service is running in the Services tab).
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
                      Hi there,

Unfortunately, the logs are empty. I would check the Dolphin emulator again and make sure that it's disabled completely (task manager or check if the dedicated service is running in the Services tab).

Yup, I went as far as uninstalling dolphin completely and trying again. Still nothing. I've done the same steps I did last time and I'm attaching the logs once again, aditionally, I'm attaching the whole list of services that were open in my computer during the time I did it. I opened the task manager, went to the "services" tab and the clicked "export". There's a lot of info there, but since Dolphn is completely gone from my computer I doubt that's the reason.

While testing this device for gamecube controllers, is there any specific driver needed for this? I installed zadig and used the "wup-028" driver, which as far as I know, is the one used for these adapters. Theres another one called Massive, which requires vJoy. I went ahead and tried that one too, nothing happened.

I'm not sure if logs will appear empty again, but in case they do, is there a way to check if my computer is recognizing them? It probably did since it made a sound everytime I connected/disconnected the controllers.

At this point I've tried many things and can't find a reason for my gamecube controllers not working, and besides this paragraph there's no info on the internet around using gamecube controllers with reWASD.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi there,

1. Logs are still empty. Does the system detect the adapter? Open devices and printer Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers and tell us how the device is detected. What VID\PID in the device properties.

2. Make sure that other 3rd party drivers were uninstalled, including the ones you've mentioned (wup-028, zadig, Massive). Reboot the PC. Try again. Actually, we have reproduced the issue by installing zadig with wup-028 driver. As soon as it was installed, the reWASD stopped detecting the controller. So, I think the issue with this driver.

3. Or, please find the wup-28 driver in Device manager and replace to USB input device from the list of available drivers.
                        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
                          Hi there,

1. Logs are still empty. Does the system detect the adapter? Open devices and printer Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers and tell us how the device is detected. What VID\PID in the device properties.

2. Make sure that other 3rd party drivers were uninstalled, including the ones you've mentioned (wup-028, zadig, Massive). Reboot the PC. Try again. Actually, we have reproduced the issue by installing zadig with wup-028 driver. As soon as it was installed, the reWASD stopped detecting the controller. So, I think the issue with this driver.

3. Or, please find the wup-28 driver in Device manager and replace to USB input device from the list of available drivers.
                          THANK YOU SO MUCH! It was the wup-28 driver. I did step 3 and they were instantly recognized

You should definitely add this to your supported devices page, most of gamecube controller users play on Dolphin since it emulates gc games, and Dolphin requires you to install that specific driver.

Again, thanks for the amazing customer support.
                          Last edited by ElOtroMiqui; 03.12.2020, 03:39.

Comment

We are glad that this issue was fixed.

Always glad to help

Comment

Working...
                            X