reWASD license reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASD license reset

Hi, I'm having some issues with reWASD. The license resets every couple of days and I have to re-enter the key again. Also, when this happens reWASD doesnt start with windows even though this is enabled in the settings.

One other issue I have is with app configs. I made 2 separate configs, one for a frontend and one for when the frontend launches the games. This setup was working great for a couple of weeks but stopped working as intended. When I enter the frontend I get the correct button config. A game gets loaded and the correct config is loaded. When I exit game back to the frontend it doesnt switch back to the frontend config.

Any help would be appreciated with these issues.

Hi there!

License binds to your System ID. And it seems every couple of days it gets changed by "something" on your PC. Removing that "something" should fix the license reset problem.

reWASD`s [Autodetect] switches configs based on what app is in focus, unless something prevents it from reading information about focused app (like 3rd party protection/antivirus/anticheat software). Enabling the [Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app] option at [Preferences > Tray agent] might do the trick though.

Comment

Hello,
      I have the same issue with the license.
      I have an external GPU and once I connect or disconnect it, I need to reenter the license key. Very annoying and disturbing.
      Let me ask you to check it and patch the bug.
      Thank you!

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
        Hi there!

License binds to your System ID. And it seems every couple of days it gets changed by "something" on your PC. Removing that "something" should fix the license reset problem.

reWASD`s [Autodetect] switches configs based on what app is in focus, unless something prevents it from reading information about focused app (like 3rd party protection/antivirus/anticheat software). Enabling the [Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app] option at [Preferences > Tray agent] might do the trick though.
        Thanks for the suggestions. Do you have any suggestions on what type of programs would be modifying the system id?

Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app is enabled so that isnt the issue.

Comment

Hi there,

Kurm reWASD license key link to system ID based on system and hardware items (motherboard, hard driver). That's all. Replacing the hardware items or system (fresh OS or restored one) changes the system ID, so it must be revoked in your personal account. GPU is not a part of SID so it shouldn't take effect SID changing. It's something else, maybe some spoof utilities?

Jasonh1981 We are going to release a big update one of these days. This update contains some licensing fixes, so, hope it will resolve the issue.

As for the configs issue, please, check the Autodetect options for both configs. Make sure that all executable files of the game(s), utilities are added, radar icon is active, and set the correct slot where config will be applied. On another hand, please, open the software settings - > General - > Clear data and remake the autodetect again.
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
          X