Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which BT adapter to choose to use External Virtual Controller with PS4 console?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which BT adapter to choose to use External Virtual Controller with PS4 console?

Hey there!

Starting from reWASD 5.6, our app creates an External Virtual controller that can be connected to other PC, mobile devices or PS4 console.
    It is important to use pretty powerful Bluetooth adapter for this case to avoid lags and connection issues.

Here is the list of dongles and adapters that are confirmed to be working pretty good:

Ntrust (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.)
    CSR8510 A10

Plugable
    Broadcom BCM20702

ASUS-BT400
    Broadcom BCM20702

Internal Bluetooth
    Intel

Trust Manga
    CSR8510 A10

Issues detected (we do not recommend to use those ones):
    CSR4.0

I can confirm the Asus-BT400 works well. It has zero perceivable latency when the PS4 is the only device connected to it. I'll provide further feedback when I test both the controller and the console connected to the same dongle.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback!

Comment

Connected my dualsense to ps remote from steam deck (windows 11). Latency via ps remote is HUUUGE 😭
        however in windows it shows 0 latency… 🤔

Comment

Hey there!

Unfortunately, it is technically impossible to get zero delay.

The input lag of our virtual controllers is identical to the input lag of their physically connected counterparts. Such a delay is less than 5ms and is invisible to the human eye.

If you experience any input lag, check it out in the tester: https://gamepad-tester.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by strokel View Post
            Hey there!

Unfortunately, it is technically impossible to get zero delay.

The input lag of our virtual controllers is identical to the input lag of their physically connected counterparts. Such a delay is less than 5ms and is invisible to the human eye.

If you experience any input lag, check it out in the tester: https://gamepad-tester.com/
            Thanks for reply. Tested gamepad with gamepad-tester.com. It works totally fine there. So I think problem with ps remote only. And maybe this terrible latency appears because of my Steam Deck dock station. As far as I understood, reWASD used usb-port to create virtual wire connection with gamepad. And without dock station connected, reWASD says that there is no usb port in my system (And technically it’s correct)

Comment

Since the latest update of [Remote Play] app, a physical USB 2.0 hub is required for our virtual controller to be recognized by the app. This change should not affect the input lag.

[PS Remote Play] app uses your local network to get video data from the console to the PC. Using a wireless connection and high-quality video settings might result in higher input lag since time is required to encode, send and decode the video data on your device.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                Since the latest update of [Remote Play] app, a physical USB 2.0 hub is required for our virtual controller to be recognized by the app. This change should not affect the input lag.

[PS Remote Play] app uses your local network to get video data from the console to the PC. Using a wireless connection and high-quality video settings might result in higher input lag since time is required to encode, send and decode the video data on your device.
                1. it’s strange then, since input lag appears to be only in ps remote play…
                2. yep, I have wired internet connection to both devices (ps5 and to Steam deck dock station). So there is no issues with connection. For example, when I use steam deck as a controller, quality is great, no lags, great picture.

Comment

Perhaps the problem is not in reWASD and is related to third-party software on your PC.

Try to connect the virtual DS4 via External devices to another console and see if there is any input lag.
                  If it is not there, then the issue is either with your Remote Play application or with third-party software on your PC.​

Comment

I can verify that the Asus-BT400 functions smoothly. There is no noticeable latency when the PS4 is the sole device connected to it. I will share more insights once I've tested both the controller and the console using the same dongle.

Comment

Working...
                    X