Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Controller Recognized by MC Dungeons First Time But Not Afterwards

XBox Elite controller

Minecraft Dungeons recognizes the reWASD virtual controller and mappings perfectly the first time it is started. If I close the game and restart it, the controller is not recognized. The controller itself is recognized, as I can change to one of the other onboard profiles (no reWASD) and the buttons work (but no mappings).

I haven't found a way to fix this without rebooting. Any suggestions?

Hello! How do you apply a config — manually or using the autodetect? Do you have any other gamepads connected?

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Hello! How do you apply a config — manually or using the autodetect? Do you have any other gamepads connected?
      Hi! Manually, and no.

Comment

Is our service [Game Controller Mapping Service] still running when that happens?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2020-12-13_222450.png Views:	0 Size:	69.8 KB ID:	222808

Comment

Hi there,

Also, how the Elite controller is connected? Via cable or wireless? What mappings do you use? Do you have some combo, turbo, toggle that a virtual controller is required?
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

It's connected via Bluetooth and the mapping is super basic.

DPad Left to F2 and the four buttons on the underside mapped to single keypresses (1,2,2,3).

I'll provide more info as it becomes available. Tried a couple times to make it happen yesterday but it worked perfectly. Ain't that how it always is?

Comment

Hi there,

Magic

Were mappings active (remap ON) when the game was restarted? It could be a reason that controller is detected with no mappings. Anyway, let us know if an issue will back again.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Sorry, but the last time this happened was about 30 seconds before I created this account and made the first post. Guess the best I can do is revisit if it crops up again. Until then, it's fixed. Great job!

Comment

Hi there,

Hope, it won't happen again
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Aha! It happened again. Restarting the service fixed it.

Comment

We would like to check what is going on with the service, so we kindly ask you to gather logs for us, as described in this method. Please use the start-stop method.
                      Just start the logging and use the software as you use it usually. Once you get this issue happening again, try enter the game and play (of course you might be not able to, because of this issue, but it is needed for logs), then close the game, get to reWASD and press Stop log. Once done, you will be asked if you want to enter the Logs' path to copy it, click Yes and provide all the files to us.

Comment

(Sorry, figured it out. Question removed.)
                        Last edited by Mathemagician; 20.12.2020, 00:52.

Comment

Thank you for providing log files, we will check them and as soon as we find something, we'll let you know.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mathemagician View Post
                            (Sorry, figured it out. Question removed.)
                            Oh, so it is OK now? Could you share any details, what was wrong?

Comment

A quick note about Minecraft Dungeons, it has a weird bug with XInput. Sometimes it'll detect controllers on startup and other times you'll need to disconnect and reconnect the controller (at the main menu) for the game to see them. This is a well-known problem on the PC port -- both the UWP and the Win32 versions. It happens with actual hardware drivers as well as reWASD's virtual driver.

Comment

Working...
                              X