Black box when trying to install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black box when trying to install

As the title says all i get is a black box on trying to install with an X in the corner, this is with a fresh format too... but i modify my windows... so the question would be what windows compnent does reWASD rely on?

Hi there,

May I ask you to take the screenshot how does it look like? Are you sure that this is a reWASD black box thing? Does it happen when you open the installer or open the GUI itself? What processes in the Task Manager? Are processes related to reWASD?

What Windows OS version? What NET framework version do you have installed? I would check the framework at first, run Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool or Reinstall .NET Framework.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	RE.png
Views:	278
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	223072

Windows 10, when trying to run the installer... What .net framework does it require?

Comment

Well, this is definitely some system issue, related to Windows being 'Custom'. We are not even sure it is a .Net issue. Still, this kind of issue might be occurring if basic .net features are disabled in your Windows.

And these ones are recommended:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	0 Size:	13.6 KB ID:	223074

Comment

Hi can you open up the + so i can see the specifics?

Comment

Don't you mind enabling them all?
            Partial enabling may not work if they were completely disabled before enabling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	292
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	223078

Comment

It's fine, i'll just reformat and try it, it's the 3.5 i don't have and i'll just have to re-enable it on my setup prior to installing. I have the same options as you selected for 4.8 so it isn't that one and can leave it as is.

Comment

Download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center

Just follow this link

No need to reinstall the windows if you didn't try the repair tool. Officially provided by Microsoft.

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
                  Download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center

Just follow this link

No need to reinstall the windows if you didn't try the repair tool. Officially provided by Microsoft.

Due to the way i tweak my Windows 10, prevents stuff like that from working, it can have it's knock on effects but nothing to major.

It was the 3.5 .net, but i remembered i needed it for something else at one point and had forgotten to tweak my Windows to allow for it, it works now, much appreciated for the straight forward replies as it allowed me to get to the problem quickly!

It only takes upto an hour once the tweaks are done to get back to where i was, so yeah great stuff! I'll probably buy it once the trial runs out as i need it for the PS5 controller as the dual sense? pad works for PS Now... at your support has been helpful!
                  Though is there a sort of default sensitivity config for the analog sticks? as they are a bit.. weird compared to how my PS3 controller is.

Also my only lack of working feature (afaik) is the movement of the controller when you get the on screen prompts to tilt it, non of that works yet, though i'm not to fussed at the moment! But it does affect some PS Now games.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello,
                    Glad that the issue was resolved.

The stick sensitivity may be adjusted the way you need. Use the stick response curve — https://help.rewasd.com/basic-functi...-settings.html.

Also, please, specify about the issue that doesn't work. Are you talking about gyro? What exactly doesn't work?

Thank you in advance.
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi,

I was playing the last last of us on the PSNow, and sometimes the flashlight would flicker, so you had to tilt the controlller to make it stop, but that didn't register at all.

Comment

Hello!

Unfortunately, we do not yet support the controller tilt mappings. This, you cannot use it for the gaming.
                        But, if you are using the DS4 controller, and you remap it with our software, the tilt output should be sent to the game.

Still, as you use DualSense controller, you cannot *yet* assign the accelerometer Tilt mapping to some action with your DualSense controller.

Comment

Working...
                        X