I must be dumb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must be dumb.

I followed the instructions of the youtube video but cannot get remote play to work. It does not detect the mouse movement at all in Destiny 2.

Hello,

As far as I understand, you to use the mouse&keyboard as the controller. In this case, the mouse movements are ignored by the system and the game as well, as the mouse behaves as the right controller stick. So it's normal of the no mouse is detected, but the controller is in the game.

What is your goal? What do you want to do with reWASD?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Well I havent played console in years and I can't use a controller. M&K is what I use. I know people use a xim to play on console. I thought this software could emulate the same thing?

Comment

Remote Play, means you're playing on console, which accepts only gamepad inputs. reWASD with [Remote Play] config converts mouse movements to a right stick. So once you've clicked [Apply] mouse should become locked. If it didn't the reason might be one of these:
        • mouse mapping doesn't have [Unmap] flag set
        • you're missing [Advanced mapping] feature - check if it's enabled on license page (click [Key] icon at the corner and select [Advanced mapping] there).
        • you don't have right mouse selected in your group of active devices. In case you're using Logitech mouse you should select your real mouse and not the virtual device with a weird L-name. You can find your real device by enabling [Detection mode] (a [Satellite] icon at the corner) and clicking a button on the mouse.
        Btw, you're talking about this video, right?

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
          Remote Play, means you're playing on console, which accepts only gamepad inputs. reWASD with [Remote Play] config converts mouse movements to a right stick. So once you've clicked [Apply] mouse should become locked. If it didn't the reason might be one of these:
          • mouse mapping doesn't have [Unmap] flag set
          • you're missing [Advanced mapping] feature - check if it's enabled on license page (click [Key] icon at the corner and select [Advanced mapping] there).
          • you don't have right mouse selected in your group of active devices. In case you're using Logitech mouse you should select your real mouse and not the virtual device with a weird L-name. You can find your real device by enabling [Detection mode] (a [Satellite] icon at the corner) and clicking a button on the mouse.
          Btw, you're talking about this video, right?
          Yes that is the video. I am using a Ducky One 2 Mini and a Logitech G502.

Comment

Hello scumplayer1994,

Still. Did you follow steps that Shion provide? Does your mouse unmap? Are devices are initialized correctly? Please, give step by steps answers on questions above.

Thank you in advance.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

The mouse does become locked. Nothing seems to work at all once it locks. No key imputs nothing.

Comment

Looks like few more questions are in order:

- What platform are you playing Destiny 2 on: PS4 via Remote Play or PC?
                - What are you going to play with: keyboard and mouse or gamepad?
                - How do you want game to see your inputs, as from keyboard and mouse or as from gamepad only?

Comment

I would like to map a keyboard to movements/same functions on pc to ps4 along with a mouse to aim on remote play.

Comment

So this is the case of keyboard and mouse to Virtual DS4 remapping. You should use this config instead. It requires [Advanced mapping] feature.

You will be able to unlock keyboard and mouse with [L Win] key. [Rapid fire] feature would allow you to toggle between mouse lock/unlock [Shifts] with a single press. Without it you'll have to hold [L Win] to move your mouse and click things.

Comment

So when enable it with this new config it still does not move the cursor in the game with wasd (left joystick)

Comment

I haven't played Destiny 2 so I don't know if it even should.

Under assumption, that you have [Advanced mapping] feature license bought or trial period for it activated, I'd like you to check if all mappings work correctly at "joy.cpl" (just type that in Windows Start Menu and press Enter) and Gamepad Tester? Don't forget to click [Apply] first.

Comment

I purchased the advanced mapping package before I even posted here. I feel like I just don't understand the functionality of this software well enough and the videos don't really explain anything or even show gameplay. I did get this tester to show movement with my mouse before I even posted here as well.

Comment

We have an Online Guide with explanations of every function and feature and YouTube channel with videos about some specific cases, that might help you understand reWASD better.

Screenshots show that you also have DualShock 4 in the group of active devices. Does it work with Remote Play when you [Apply] the config?
                            Do you have option [Hide physical controller when virtual one is created] enabled in [Preferences > Gamepads]?

Comment

Hi there,

In addition to Shion reply, to make sure that your setup if OK:

1. Please, group devices and take the screenshot. The screenshot should look like this.
                              2. Once devices are group and config is applied, please, open the online tester (link) and check if the remapped controller is working, like this — http://recordit.co/H0RkxhHMDD. Do you have the same behavior?
                              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X