Sprint to L3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprint to L3

I'm trying to emulate the way a lot of console games handle sprint without much success. What im looking to do is while holding the Left joystick forward and single pressing L3 to toggle the shift key or w/e key sprint is bound to. After releasing the foward on the joystick, I would like this to toggle the shift key back off. So far i have tried using shift layers and the hold until release without much success.

Hello!

Unfortunately, I do not see a way to make it exactly as you wish too.

As far as I understand, Shift should be pressed and held for running, right? You can do something similar using Toggle. Once you press L3 once, Shift key will be pressed and held until you press L3 again. It means that the running will be activated properly, but it won't stop when you release your joystick, and next time you push it forward, your character will be running again.

Also, I have another suggestion for you: activate running when you push stick to the edge. I understand that it is not the same behavior as you describe, but maybe you can find it convenient. Here is how to make it.

Comment

yea, I tried both of those methods and it just doesn't feel right. I used to accomplish this with software called antimicro by switching between its version of reWASD's shift layers. The way it would work is you would push L3 to shift to layer 2 which would be a clone of layer 1 except the directions of it joystick would be bound to W + Shift, A + Shift, D+ Shift, S+ Shift. Then you would bind ON-Release of Joystick to switch it back to Layer 1. Maybe someday reWASD could implement a feature like this or more simply have a setting in the Key Combo -> Hold until release section that allows you to set the button held to be different from the button you pressed to activate it

Comment

Hi there,

What do you mean doesn't feel right? Are these methods not working?

ReWASD has also a shift mode — https://help.rewasd.com/basic-functi...ift-mode.html? So, you may also use the feature to accomplish your case, but with slightly differences The left joystick is remapped to WASD in main configuration, L3 is a shift modifier button that change layouts. The additional layout (shift #1) left stick remapped to W+shift, D+shift, etc. But you need to use L3 again to return to main layout.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Interesting idea to use Shift. However, I am not sure how to switch back with joystick-release.
          Still we have an idea of a combo that will be stopped by external event, so maybe this mechanics will work in your case.
          At the moment, there is no such option in reWASD.

Comment

By doesn't feel right I mean its uncomfortable. It functions perfectly fine. Star-Lords suggestion seems it would work the same as just setting L3 to toggle Shift on and off. I'm trying to avoid extra button presses with my thumb and index finger. My left hand is partially disabled so I play with a Splitfish Fragchuck in the left hand and a mouse in the right. the joystick zones in the fragchuck are poor to say the least, so when setting the high zone to Shift-W it activates with minimal to half joystick movement, no amount of zone adjustment in the advanced settings seems to correct this. I've tried using a ps4 or xbox controller with that method also and it works much better but it is too heavy for my left wrist. The combo stopped by event sound exactly what I'm looking for. "L3 + Joystick high" activates Combo "Shift + W", "Joystick Low" or "Joystick Null/DeadZone" Deactivates combo. I will look forward to it if/when it gets implemented. Btw thanks guys for all hard the work you do. The design and support for this product is A+ and at the very least in my case it has greatly helped with my disability.

Comment

Hello,
              Thank you for your kind words.

Unfortunately, there is no option to set one of the zones as shift modifier yet. But, we would be glad to add one of the next releases.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I could find many uses for that, but just that wouldn't be enough to accomplish this particular Case. Going about it with the Shift layers way it would need to work like the following example. Starting in "Shift 0" that has Left stick bound to W,A,S,D. Press L3 and it toggles to "Shift 1" Once in "Shift 1" have Left stick High bound to W + Shift, A + Shift, S + Shift, D + Shift. Then as you release L stick it passes through L-Stick Low which is bound to toggle to Shift layer 0. It seems like reWASDer's Combo idea is probably much simpler and using it in the following: "L3 + Joystick high" activates Combo "Shift + W", "Joystick Low" or "Joystick Null/DeadZone" Deactivates combo would work perfectly for this case.

Comment

Hello,

Taken into account. Thank you for your clarifying.
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I think Shift mode that goes to Main configuration when you move stick from Low zone to the Deadzone will be easier to implement

Anyway, challenge accepted, will do our best!

Comment

Awesome, look forward to seeing what you come up with

Comment

Yes +1 for this. Adding "go to main configuration" on deadzone would be the answer, and I would like this as well!

This is the singled greatest piece of software I've ever owned. thank you for making this, it has opened up so many games for me I previously couldn't play.

Comment

You are welcome

Will do our best with this feature.

Comment

Hello, and good day to all. Was the feature discussed above ever implemented?

Comment

Hey! Please specify which of the features listed here are you interested in?

Comment

Working...
                              X