Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Virtual Gamepads using One Keyboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Virtual Gamepads using One Keyboard?

I just tested out the Virtual-Gamepad-Using-Keyboard function on reWASD. I'm very pleased that it works and am considering buying the full version.

Before I do though, I need to know if it's possible to use the program to emulate two virtual gamepads using one keyboard. This will be very useful for local two-player games that don't use all the buttons or sticks on the gamepad (like certain fighting games).

Hello,

reWASD creates a virtual keyboard and mouse, However, it is always a single device (physical device = virtual device), and in most cases, it is enough. We will investigate the idea to create a few virtual devices for a single physical device.

You may create a single virtual device for a physically connected device for now.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
      Hello,

reWASD creates a virtual keyboard and mouse, However, it is always a single device (physical device = virtual device), and in most cases, it is enough. We will investigate the idea to create a few virtual devices for a single physical device.

You may create a single virtual device for a physically connected device for now.
      Hmmm. All right, if you're gonna evaluate the idea, I'm fine with that.

Oh, and I just found out this program's made by the same company that makes DAEMON Tools, one of my absolute go-to computer programs! Neato! At first I thought you guys were stealing their logo, but nope.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, We are the team who develop DAEMON Tools products, so, nobody steals anything

Glad to hear the DAEMON Tools enthusiast.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

+1 for this feature -- my use case is arcade setup where control panel is configured as a keyboard, but could still use it to play 2+ player games that require xinput (using multiple virtual gamepads from the same keyboard interface) using reWASD automatic profile switching -- bought the app, very happy with it so far!

Comment

Thanks, we'll take that into account. This functionality is not yet implemented, but we will definitely inform you when it appears.

Stay tuned!

Comment

Hello,

Was this feature implemented? I find myself in need of using two virtual gamepads so I can have 4x axis to map into my keyboard (aka, keyboard user wanting to emulate joystick axis input for a 6DOF game .. I need 6 axis and I can only currently use 4 axis as only one virtual gamepad is supported).

If it has not been implemented then please let me know if I buy a cheapo gamepad and connect it to the PC .. will I then be able to remap the real gamepad's axis inputs PLUS the virtual gamepad's axis inputs?

Comment

There is no news at the moment.

Comment

Hello,

For my use case I want to use a num pad as game input. I have it set up as a button box on my sim racing setup. Most games do not allow mapping of many buttons, so that is a pain. Remapping every button to game pad buttons works best because all games that support multiple controllers handle this well. reWSAD looks like a pertty nice program, definitely more professional then the alternatives. It seems to work well but the xbox controller does not have enough buttons to cover the entire numpad.

I have also found Keyboard Splitter, this allows multiple virtual game pads to map to the same device. This way I had all buttons of the numpad mapped to controller buttons. The problem with this software is that it is kind of buggy and it's not trivial to properly save and load a setup.

If reWSAD would either supprt mapping to a generic game controller with many possible buttons or support multiple xbox controllers per input device, my problems would be solved.

Comment

Hi. Unfortunately, at the moment, we do not plan to implement such functionality.
                    However, if a similar feature is implemented in reWASD, we will inform you about it. Thank you for understanding.

Comment

Originally Posted by ThaJay View Post
                      Hello,

Most games do not allow mapping of many buttons, so that is a pain.
                      Use ReWASD to remap those button to something else.

For example, if game does not allow mapping of [Page Up] ... use ReWASD to remap [Page Up] to something that game allows.

Comment

Working...
                      X