Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to stop right stick recentering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to stop right stick recentering?

I'm trying to configure my KB+M to "be" a controller in Modern Warfare, and I've noticed that small movements are nearly impossible. When moving my mouse slowly, nothing will happen for a while, then suddenly it will shooting off to the direction I'm pulling.

I jumped on gamepad tester and noticed that the right stick recenters with every little movement, which I'm guessing is the issue? Is there a way to stop this?

You can try to disable [Spring mode] in [Advanced settings] of a mouse. But I suggest doing this instead:
    • minimize in-game deadzone values and match [Deflection Low] in [Virtual Gamepad] options in reWASD to the same value (it scales from 0 to 32768, so match accordingly, like for 5% or .05 it would be 32768 * 5% = 32768 * .05 = 1638);
    • look for balance between in-game camera turn speed and [X/Y Sensitivity] in [Advanced] settings of a mouse, with camera turn speed being as high as possible.
    • [Default Response curve] is recommended, though that is a part of "personal preference", so you'd be fine with whatever you'll get used to.
    • [Smoothing] and [Noise filter] are recommended to be at 0, but that is also a "personal preference" thing. Try out different values and see for yourself what feels best.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      You can try to disable [Spring mode] in [Advanced settings] of a mouse. But I suggest doing this instead:
      • minimize in-game deadzone values and match [Deflection Low] in [Virtual Gamepad] options in reWASD to the same value (it scales from 0 to 32768, so match accordingly, like for 5% or .05 it would be 32768 * 5% = 32768 * .05 = 1638);
      • look for balance between in-game camera turn speed and [X/Y Sensitivity] in [Advanced] settings of a mouse, with camera turn speed being as high as possible.
      • [Default Response curve] is recommended, though that is a part of "personal preference", so you'd be fine with whatever you'll get used to.
      • [Smoothing] and [Noise filter] are recommended to be at 0, but that is also a "personal preference" thing. Try out different values and see for yourself what feels best.
      I'm using this (modified with my own mappings)
      Download Call of Duty Warzone Xbox controls to remap gamepad on PC. Call of Duty Warzone key bindings are the custom config to map controller to keyboard.

So my deadzone in game is zero, and Deflection low is 100. I'm not entirely sure I understand anything other than 0 deadzone being necessary for mouse and kb right?

My in game x/y sens are both at max. I've tried messing around with it but not really seeing it helping with my recentering issue.

My response curve is custom (as per the above config file). I read a few threads suggesting anything other than default could be causing a bug and devs were looking into it? But I'm not sure if that's older versions?

All of my controls feel fine, it's literally just the small mouse movements, because I'm moving my mouse slower I guess? In fact, to make it easier, https://streamable.com/xlb5aw

You see how it pulls back to the center wayyyyy to easily? I feel like that's causing a lot of the issues, surely?
      I'm going to give spring mode disabled a shot.

Comment

Posting my edit here since my other reply hasnt been approved yet...

= Edit: Nope, Spring Mode disabled was horrible LOL

Comment

Back again with another update. So it seems... this issue doesn't happen ALL the time. I just jumped back in and I don't have this little zone where my mouse pulls back to the center any more. I'm wondering if it's a bug that only sometimes happens?

Comment

Hi there,

Shion has a point. The small movements might be not registered because of the high deflection\deadzone. So, it better to adjust, minimizing them. Also, something like this (screenshot) may be better (softer curve for little moves).

What mouse DPI? Try to increase it if you mouse allows it.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
              Hi there,

Shion has a point. The small movements might be not registered because of the high deflection\deadzone. So, it better to adjust, minimizing them. Also, something like this (screenshot) may be better (softer curve for little moves).

What mouse DPI? Try to increase it if you mouse allows it.
              Ooh I'll give that a try. As for DPI, I've been trying all my presets, the higher ones don't really help, so I keep it at 800.

Thanks Star lord

Comment

Could "mouse initial speed" contribute?

Comment

Hello,

No, this option does not affect analog control, like stick or trigger. The common adjustments via reWASD in your case are above. Rest in-game settings devoted to the stick you may try to change in the game particularly for more comfortable gameplay. Also, I would recommend watching this manual regarding your case.
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                  X