Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azeron thumbstick zones issues?

Sorry for bothering yet again

I'm having slight issues with the zones on the thumbstick, or I'm missing something basic here...yes I have clicked the apply button each time

I decided to try having walk / run / sprint on the thumbstick using the 3 zones. This was in fallout 4 to start with, but I've since been trying with notepad and letters instead of the shift input so I can see exactly when it changes from zone to zone without any worry of the game effecting anything.

2 issues I seem to be having:

1) Is that no matter where I set the high zone, it seems to activate at the very same place all the time. I tried manually adjusting the slider (and staying with circular to keep it simple) all over the place and even with it almost right at the very outer edge (32609 from 32768 max) the key I assigned to the high zone (g for testing in a text editor instead of shift) will start to fire off before I've covered half the distance from the center to the outer edge of the thumbstick, which isn't where the high zone is set to

2) Having given up on using 3 zones I tried to use just 2 zones for just walk / run and leaving sprint assigned to a keypress. This seemed to work about 80% of the time, but the other times, the thumbstick seems to not activate the 2nd zone and stays at a walk, I have to pull the stick back to the center and then push fully forward again to get the run.

I'm not sure if this is my pc possibly so I tried to add my dxdiag as an attachment but it's too large at 95.1KB to be attached.

If there's any further info that might help, please just ask.

Hey there!

I have checked both things you mention, and I could not reproduce any of them unfortunately.

Could you please send me the config you have? Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Comment

I had a feeling that would be the case, I know how my luck goes...lol

I'll set back up the zones in a bit (morning coffee atm) and copy the config file... well unless I discover a serious case of "PEBKAC" in which case I'll be highly embarrassed.

Comment

Please excuse the rest of the config, it's a mess as I still don't know where I want everything, and still not sure if I can live with the extremely sensitive switches.

I've set the high zone with shift almost at the very edge, yet I'm still sprinting at around 1/2 - 2/3rds movement of the thumbstick.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have checked your config, and I have tried it with my Azeron, and still I do not see any issues.

Is there a chance that you have changed anything in the native software? We get data from a stick that was already modified by the native app, so may I ask you to revert your Azeron's settings to default and then re-check your config in reWASD?

Comment

That solved the problem, thank you very much indeed for your time with this.

I'm guessing it was the angle adjust I'd applied, as trying to use just that again after the reset bought back the issue with the zones and removing the angle adjust means the zones work as they should

Just cannot cope without the angle adjust so I'm going to stick to not using the zones at the moment until this comes out in a future update as otherwise I'm going to be constantly inadvertently stepping left, which could be rather painful at times

Thank you yet again

Comment

Yay, great to know that the mystery is solved now!

Am I right, you are referring to the setting that lets you "rotate" the stick in Azeron? If yes, I have good news for you, we are planning to add a similar one to reWASD in the upcoming version, so you may get the benefits of both things pretty soon

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                Yay, great to know that the mystery is solved now!

Am I right, you are referring to the setting that lets you "rotate" the stick in Azeron? If yes, I have good news for you, we are planning to add a similar one to reWASD in the upcoming version, so you may get the benefits of both things pretty soon
                Yes I am and I remember reading that this is an upcoming feature, which is why I'm more than happy to wait knowing that you are already working on adding this feature.

After the brief use the other day I think I'm going to try with a toggle on/off for the 3rd zone to start with so I can disable it just when trying to climb / jump up hillsides and mountains in Enderal and Fallout etc as I know I always push fully forward as hard as possible in the hope of "Will you get up there" despite it not making any difference and I really don't fancy accidentally sprinting off a high ledge I've finally managed to jump up to

Comment

Just a quick one (not sure if just my pc so didn't want to start another thread) I've noticed while swapping to and from reWASD / Azeron software while sorting this and for some reason reWASD on my pc doesn't seem to "unhook?" if that's the correct term, from the pad, as in exiting reWASD fully (incl. tray with warning about exiting) and starting Azeron's software results in it acting as if no controller connected, unplugging/ replugging the usb doesn't help, I've had to restart the pc each time before the Azeron software can see the controller again.

If this is just happening for me then don't worry about it as something else on my pc is also messing about (running out of software / hardware to eliminate )

p.s. Angle adjust...35 or 36 to the right on the slider is just perfect for me

Comment

Hey there!

reWASD works with Azeron in Exclusive mode. While the remap is on (any config is applied to Azeron), it is hidden from other apps and works with reWASD only. Also, Exclusive mode starts when you edit a config for Azeron (when you see the device's picture in reWASD with an opened config). In order to get it back to the native software, you need to turn remap off and switch to other device in the GUI (or just close the reWASD main window).

Comment

Working...
                    X