Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Shift of profiles global ?

Background:

I have an Azeron key pad, and an Roccat Myth (lots'a buttons) .
    And i want to shift the config on the Azeron , but it would be neat to use one of the keys/buttons on the mouse.

Hello,

I think you may combine the Azeron and the mouse and set the shift modifier on the mouse device. In this case, devices will be recognized by the system and the game as single controller. More details this link.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Yes that almost works, but, the sdhift key is still sent through , ie it does not get muted, for example mapping a button to NUMPAD 1 on the mouse and setting NUMPAD1 as the shift key for the Shift1 profile. will shift the profile but also send the NUMPAD1 through, so i'm guessing that reWASD does not totally intercepts the key. Btw this also happens if trying to use NUMPAD1 on the keyboard as the shift key

Comment

Does setting [Unmap] flag for that key (NUMPAD1) on main [Shift] fix the problem?

Comment

Aha!, that worked, thanks a lot, so procedure is for anyone wondering:
          1. Make sure Remap is OFF in the lower right corner of reWASD
          2. Use the mouse's own software to map a mouse button to something that is not used for anything much, i used NUMPAD 1
          3. Reenable remapping (Remap is ON)
          4. Group both the Azeron and the Mouse into one device. ( or i suppose any two devices)
          5. On the keypad config for the mouse add a new key select the unmap option but don't assign a new key sequence
          6. On the shift 1 config add the key you selected in 2 above as the shift key
          7. Prince a repeat for any other shift's
          The trick is to add an "unmapping" to the key before using it as a shift key as it can't be done after, reWASD will just complain that it has been used as a shift key...

Again thanks for the help!

Comment

Hello,

Great! Glad that it's working. Have a great gaming experience.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
            X