Heros of the storm - how to move relative movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heros of the storm - how to move relative movement

I would like to use joy con with Heros of the Storm (HOTS). I would like hero to move with my joystick. So I pull left hero moves left and so on. I installed reWASD and added config for HOTS, but joystick act as a mouse. That is it moves cursor and I still need to click a button to make hero move where my cursor is.

Is it possible to achieve this relative movement (do not know proper name with reWASD?

I'm afraid there's no way to do that if game doesn't allow to control character WASD-like or support controller natively.

Comment

Hey there! As I understand, you need to press and hold mouse button for the movement, right? In this case, you can try zones. Please check this use case, it may come in hand.

Comment

Thank you so much, I am reading about zones. While I am reading I want to ask another question. Assuming that I will be able to assign to joystick move two actions mouse move and mouse click. This will let give me a chance to relatively move my character. I still want to use regular mouse to point the attack (either left or right click). Do you think this is feasible?

Comment

Not sure if I get you right, so I need a bit more details. Do you want to use the normal physical mouse together with a controller or do you want your controller's stick have two options?

If you are using a mouse, then the game should be working good with multiple inputs.
          If you are talking about a stick, then, to get mouse on a stick and mouse with a click on a stick, you may need to create a Shift and map different behaviors in the Main and Shift layer.

Comment

Well I would like to use both. With controller I would like to move character (relative moves) and with mouse I would like to aim and attack.

Comment

Hi there,

Then, you may use them both, a mouse will duplicate the con's stick remapped to mouse. The only thing is that the mouse click set to high zone will be reproduced when the stick is maximum pulled.

Don't know is it an issue, but you may try in the game.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thank you again! I was able to assign medium and low zone to right mouse click and indeed now my character follows the stick. But the problem is that now my stick moves the mouse and I cannot independently move character with stick and aim with mouse. As if I need two mice in the game: one for moving (mapped to stick) and one for aiming/attacking. This is probably too much to ask. ;-(

Comment

If you have 2 mice, each one of them will move the cursor...
                  So we cannot make it possible.

Comment

Hello,
                    Consider also, the shift mode feature (link). Set the main layout where you move character with zones, additional layout without zone, just for combat\attack.
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Shift is an interesting. I wonder if I can split my decisions between two shifts.

Comment

Hello,

There are up to 4 shift layouts that available to use. Try to set up as well as you need.
                        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                        X