Steam controller on a raspberry with steamlink issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam controller on a raspberry with steamlink issue

Hello, I have configured a raspberry pi4 with steam link. to play in my living room on my couch, with my PC in another room. I use a steam controller.
    the steam controller is associated with the steamlink app on the raspberry, I wanted to use rewasd to play some non steam game.
    Since there is no Raspberry version of rewasd, I tried using it on the PC to convert the the steam controller streamed by steamlink from the raspberry to a xbox controller.

But it seems that this is not possible, Rewasd doesn't detect the steam controller this way. I guess the steam controller is still a device of the raspberry and is not virtually connected to the PC, the PC only receive the input.
    Is there a way to use my steam controller as an xbox controller from the couch using a raspberry pi to stream the PC? it's a bit far from the PC so i don't think i can just connect it to the PC by blutooth and still be able to play in the couch.

sorry for bad english i hope my explanations were clear enough.

The issue is that we do not officially support any virtual machines \ remote play software, except the PS4 Remote Play app.

If you want to use the steam controller with our software, you should not have any other app running on the PC. We also recommend uninstalling any other app that might prevent your gamepad from detecting in reWASD.

Comment

Hello,

Perhaps, you could create an External Virtual controller, that reWASD allows creating and connect it to Raspberry via BT. Steps are:
      - connect the controller to the Windows PC where reWASD installed
      - remap the way you need (create a victual Xbox One controller)
      - create an external virtual controller and connect via BT to the Raspberry as

More information about the feature of this link. I'm sure if it's going to work, but worth to take a shot
      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
        Hello, I have configured a raspberry pi4 with steam link. to play in my living room on my couch, with my PC in another room. I use a steam controller.
        the steam controller is associated with the steamlink app on the raspberry, I wanted to use rewasd to play some non steam game.
        Since there is no Raspberry version of rewasd, I tried using it on the PC to convert the the steam controller streamed by steamlink from the raspberry to a xbox controller.

But it seems that this is not possible, Rewasd doesn't detect the steam controller this way. I guess the steam controller is still a device of the raspberry and is not virtually connected to the PC, the PC only receive the input.
        Is there a way to use my steam controller as an xbox controller from the couch using a raspberry pi to stream the PC? it's a bit far from the PC so i don't think i can just connect it to the PC by blutooth and still be able to play in the couch.

sorry for bad english i hope my explanations were clear enough.
        Hi Hazel

I have much the same issue using a raspberry pi and steam. Did you ever get a workaround going? thx

Comment

Working...
        X