Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible? Double button press ending in a hold without release.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is it possible? Double button press ending in a hold without release.

    Hopefully the title explains what I'm trying to do. I'll try to give some more detail. In FFXIV, the is a hotbar that is accessed by double pressing the L2 or R2 triggers, and the second press must be held down to then use the hotbar. I have tried to find a way to do this but with no luck. Is it possible? If not, could it be implemented?

    Thank you.

  • #2
    Hello!

    I am almost sure that we will be able to make it using Combo but, at the moment, I do not understand your request fully. What exactly do you want to press in order to launch and use hotbar? Do you want to press some button only once while it will be pressed twice with reWASD? Do you want to press and hold one button but emulate the press-release-press-...-release with the actual release of the activator?

    Comment


    • #3
      Right, so I am indeed attempting to make the macro in combo. The way I imagine it would work is if I could do a down press without an up press being automatically attached? Something like LDown, LUp, 30msPause, LDown is what I want.
      But the second LDown always has an LUp, so it is always released. I want it to stay on LDown until I release the button.

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh and for clarity yes I'm trying to make a single button press execute that macro I described, the L1/R1 buttons respectively (Two separate macros that are otherwise identical but handle double R2 or double L2 presses). The question doesn't matter that I want to do two though, the scope can be reduce to just the L1 -> L2 double press without release for ease of discussion.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally Posted by ffxivplayer View Post
          Right, so I am indeed attempting to make the macro in combo. The way I imagine it would work is if I could do a down press without an up press being automatically attached? Something like LDown, LUp, 30msPause, LDown is what I want.
          But the second LDown always has an LUp, so it is always released. I want it to stay on LDown until I release the button.
          If you want some button to be all the way down until you release that, you can map the corresponding function to the Hold until release activator.

          Originally Posted by ffxivplayer View Post
          Oh and for clarity yes I'm trying to make a single button press execute that macro I described, the L1/R1 buttons respectively (Two separate macros that are otherwise identical but handle double R2 or double L2 presses). The question doesn't matter that I want to do two though, the scope can be reduce to just the L1 -> L2 double press without release for ease of discussion.
          Without the release combo is not possible, as this will cause a lot of glitches. As an example, you press the button where this combo (without release) is present. This means the button will be pressed literally FOREVER. Until you turn the remap off, of course.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think there is a kind of workaround for your case, so I kindly ask you to check the following:

            1. Create a combo In Execute at once mode that consists of one press, pause and the a press with long-long pause, like I have here:

            Click image for larger version

Name:	fbf4730731.png
Views:	29
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	224249

            2. Get back to the Main window and set this combo to Turbo:

            Click image for larger version

Name:	b3b94f3b78.png
Views:	22
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	224250

            Once you press and hold this button, it will start emulating a combo: press and release once, then press and will hold the second R1 for 10 seconds. However, with Turbo, the combo will be stopped once you release the physical button, so this way we will emulate the "hold until release" behavior. Would be grateful if you try this in your game. Also, you may need to set a bigger Delay between keys if the game doesn't detect the input at once.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
              I think there is a kind of workaround for your case, so I kindly ask you to check the following:

              1. Create a combo In Execute at once mode that consists of one press, pause and the a press with long-long pause, like I have here:

              Click image for larger version

Name:	fbf4730731.png
Views:	29
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	224249

              2. Get back to the Main window and set this combo to Turbo:

              Click image for larger version

Name:	b3b94f3b78.png
Views:	22
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	224250

              Once you press and hold this button, it will start emulating a combo: press and release once, then press and will hold the second R1 for 10 seconds. However, with Turbo, the combo will be stopped once you release the physical button, so this way we will emulate the "hold until release" behavior. Would be grateful if you try this in your game. Also, you may need to set a bigger Delay between keys if the game doesn't detect the input at once.
              Your workaround worked perfectly! Thank you for taking the time to help me with this, I really appreciate it. =D

              Comment


              • #8
                Yay! Thanks for letting me know. Have the best gaming experience then

                Comment

                Working...
                X