Analogue stick to WASD issue on PS navigation controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analogue stick to WASD issue on PS navigation controller

I've noticed a bit of an issue with in-game movement recently. I was occasionally stopping for a fraction of a second before moving forward after turning or strafing. I thought that it might be related to the rotation, so I removed that adjustment, but it still occasionally occurred.

After playing about in the practice mode in a game I've isolated a way in which I can pretty much force the issue. If I'm strafing to the left, and then roll my stick upwards it stops for a only a fraction of a second before moving forward.

So opening up notepad I've repeated that motion. This is what it should look like -and for the most part it does: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawaw awawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawww wwwwwwwwwwwwwww - notice that transition from A to A+W and then to W

But every now and then it will do this: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - Notice no transition. Not just that, but it will actually stop (no input) for a fraction of a second before moving to the next direction. Even in notepad.

As I said, this is happening in games (at least two that I've played) and it happens in notepad. I've also tested two different Navigation controllers and this is happening on both.

Attached are my settings for the analogue stick, so the area where the stick is supposed to output the W+A command is quite large, yet, as I said, every now and then it isn't even being registered.

Is this bug in ReWASD maybe? Is this something you can advise me on?

Thank you for your time.
    Attached Files

Hello!

Indeed, pretty strange behavior. I have tried to reproduce the same on another gamepad, but can't "catch" this issue. Unfortunately, at the moment, I can't test PS Nav, so I will return with my findings on Monday. At the moment, a few things to check and try:

1. Ensure that you have the latest reWASD version (5.6.2). We had some issues with Nav sticks some time ago, so it is better to use the most recent version.
    2. Try to get back to the default Vertical and Horizontal axes range. The sticks on Sony controllers are not precise actually. It may be a chance that the area is actually not that big. Also, you may try to set it even smaller than the default values.

Also, please send me your config to check if something else interferes. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I am running the latest version of reWASD. I'll set the axes to defaults and reduce it a little to see if that sorts the issue.

Here's my config.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you!

Do not see anything wrong in the config, will try it with the PS Nav a bit later. Hope changing axes range may help here too.

Comment

I think I may have figured it out. And it was probably user error rather than anything else.

Resetting to default axes didn't help, however..

Having another look at my config, I see I've added W as an input when I release the shoulder button for some reason. That's the button I use for ADS - and when coming out of ADS is when I seem to notice this behaviour. I don't know if it's affecting anything by being there, but I removed that setting and it seems to be OK. I now cannot seem to replicate the problem. Maybe it was jarring as multiple inputs came in at the same time? Maybe it's a combination of a bad analogue stick (I have noticed that the PS nav doesn't reach the corners in windows gamepad calibration settings) and that input?

That doesn't explain why it was happening on notepad though as I wasn't ever pressing the shoulder button.

Anyway, at present it seems to be functioning correctly now I have removed that release button setting. I will come back if the issue reappears.

Love to you guys.

Comment

Wow, frankly speaking, I haven't checked those Release activator and though the key was added on purpose. Thank you for double-checking the config, seems it has done the trick.

Anyway, we are here in case the issue comes back or you have any other questions

Comment

Working...
            X