Does Combo Key work in PSNOW for PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Combo Key work in PSNOW for PC?

I am not able to get combo key working in PSNOW for PC. Is it possible to create a macro for use in PSNOW for pc?

You need [Advanced mapping] license for gamepad buttons, sticks and triggers to work in [Combo].

Comment

I have both Combo key and Advance Mapping licenses. Have you had success using combo in PSNOW yourself? Can anyone confirm that it works?

Comment

The problem with other macro programs I’ve had is while all of my controller mapping works perfectly, the macro programs during recording playback do not interact with the driver in the same way that physical key presses do in apps like PSNOW.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ahrg View Post
          Have you had success using combo in PSNOW yourself?
          Nope. I do not use PSNow. But you can test reWASD configs with either [joy.cpl] (type that in Windows Start Menu) or at [Gamepad Tester].

[Combo] recorded or made in reWASD are being "played" by our virtual gamepad. Meaning that for combo to work the virtual gamepad must be the one PSNow app sees. For that you have to enable [Hide physical gamepad when virtual one is created] option at [Preferences > Gamepads] and have your real gamepad selected as active when applying the config. Applying it before starting PSNow app is also a requirement (just so it won't bind to real gamepad instead).

Comment

Thank you very much for the help!
            After completing those steps, I was able to confirm in joy.cpl that only the virtual game pad is active. If only the virtual controller appears in joy.cpl and the real game pad disappears after turning on remap, there should be no way that PSNOW is connected to the real game pad if it is launched long after the real game pad has disappeared in joy.cpl correct? In game, the action performed is still just the default action for that button rather than the assigned combo. I have tried to apply the key combo to different button actions such as holding the button and double press with no luck. Any suggestions?

Comment

Hello,
              As I understood, the PSNow does not detect the virtual controller.

Please follow these tips:
              1. Apply your config BEFORE you start PS Now. Close PS Now, enable remap, start PS Now again.
              2. Ensure that you see this icon in PS Now (screenshot). It means that you are in a controller mode, and gamepad is a primary device.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

PSNOW detects all inputs from the virtual controller but not combos. Instead of performing the combo, the default action for that button is performed, even thought the combo is configured. I have confirmed that only the virtual game pad is active and not the real game pad.

Comment

Hi there
                  What combo do you use on the config? May I ask you to share your config?
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I have tried simple combos like B, B, B. Still, when I press the button that this combo is assigned to, it does not perform the combo and instead just performs the default action for that button. Have you confirmed that combo works for you in PSNOW?

Comment

Hello. Yes, combo should work.
                      1. Check in the tester if the combo works.
                      2. Show your config.
                      3. Perhaps your combo pauses are very small and therefore the game does not read the combo.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ahrg View Post
                        I have tried simple combos like B, B, B. Still, when I press the button that this combo is assigned to, it does not perform the combo and instead just performs the default action for that button. Have you confirmed that combo works for you in PSNOW?
                        Hello! Just to clarify one small thing: does the combo includes "B" button? This seems to be the one from Xbox controller. For PS Now, you need the correspondent DS4 buttons (Circle).

Comment

Working...
                        X