Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with using Steam Controller to interact with reWASD and other usage cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with using Steam Controller to interact with reWASD and other usage cases

Hi,

I was expecting to be able to jump in by using my SC to configure reWASD. For a start the top right menu always closes as soon as a move the pointer after clicking.

I had to use my mouse (other side of room) to actually create a profile. The reWASD profile config receives SC key presses and movements which are shown graphically on the display but I cannot actually use the SC itself to configure the controls in the reWASD profile. Do I actually have to use keyboard and mouse ? Is there something I'm missing here ?

Also I've been looking at reWASD for use with desktop applications but also with some games. For example Project Reality (BF2 mod) insists on starting BF2 as admin. SC does not behave very well in an elevated application and it reverts to "lizard mode" which can't be configured. Would reWASD allow me to configure my SC for applications such as this ?

Thanks for any help.

You probably should use one of these configs or enable [Emulate Lizard-like config for Steam controller in exclusive mode] option at [Preferences > Gamepads].
    To avoid automatic selection of pressed buttons on gamepad disable [Hook controller buttons] option at [Preferences > General].
    For auto switching to game configs try [Autodetect] function.

Comment

Working...
    X