Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games and Apps May Not Detect Virtual Controller Properly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to be sure, I have the same exact behaviour as RetroArch in other apps (such as BSNES as shown in the video, but many others will do the exact, intermittently reWASD works, others no input received in the apps at all)

Comment

I am sorry, but I again, I can't understand what exactly happens here.

RetroArch doesn't detect the virtual gamepad from time to time? Yes, it may happen. It happens with any game and app. The app should be relaunched, and most often, it helps.

Or the virtual controller is recognized, but you do not get the input? Try to restart in this case too. If it doesn't help, I am not sure if we could help — as the gamepad is properly working in joy.cpl. Or not?

I am checking this app right now, switching remap on and off several times, re-launching the app and everything seems to be perfect.

Comment

Also, I see that you have Shortcuts on some buttons. With Shortcuts enabled, the single button press will work with a delay (it could be adjusted in Preferences -> Press time). Maybe you could send us your config to check it too? The easiest way to find it — use Open file location option in the context menu of the active config.

Comment

I give up, just as a side note that my controller works with other software 100% of time and gives these problems only with reWASD.
          I pointed out many other times, so here's one more, it is not a RetroArch problem, when reWASD doesn't work, it doesn't work with all the apps in my system except for joy.cpl, and it does it intermittently, and approximately 10-20% of times works when creating a virtual x360 controller.
          I am disappointed, I paid the full packet, and visually reWASD is a pleasant software.
          And I am disappointed to have to repeat multiple times that it is not a RetroArch problem, after also video proof served.
          I give up.
          Nonetheless, thanks for your time, I really appreciate your effort and I hope that reWASD will solve these problems as it seems a great software apart from these nuisances. For example no debugging have I been asked or such, I wonder how would you sort this out? Maybe with future updates?
          I believe you should have caught the occasion while having an available to help (and with a relevant problem) customer.
          Again, many thanks for living a day of trials with me
          I hope reWASD can get back and sort out these driver issues in the future as it's a nice software.

Comment

We can't test each and every game and app, so that is why the first thing I have tried to reproduce your issue — is to check the same app (RetroArch was the easiest one to get). I can't reproduce the issue at all, that is why we can't actually debug this issue. Maybe, your config could help us.

Also, I don't know which drivers you have installed, so I can't say whether it is a driver conflict or not.

Comment

I stumbled upon an interesting issue – it seems like some games and apps are having a hard time recognizing virtual controllers properly. Has anyone else run into this? It's kinda funny when your virtual controller has a mind of its own, right? 😄 And, speaking of games, has anyone tried those legit games that pay real money instantly? Found some cool ones recently, they're a blast! 💰
              Last edited by HaydenMccoy; 04.09.2023, 21:22.

Comment

I assume that it doesn't matter if the controller is virtual or physical. It depends only on the game and how the controller support is configured in it

Comment

Working...
                X