Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games and Apps May Not Detect Virtual Controller Properly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lupo90
    replied
    Thanks for the answer wookiepediologist ,

Settings -> "Hide physical controllers" has been always checked, even when I had the above error.

joy.cpl returns behaviours that do not match with applications. This may lead to think that then the application I am using (Retroarch) is the problem, but I tried it with many other apps, and I get the same results, when Retroarch doesn't recognise it, the other apps won't either. So I cannot trust joy.cpl alone, something in the middle doesn't work, although joy.cpl can receive the segnal, maybe it is not brought to the drawn apps then.

joy.cpl correctly shows only 1 device, it has always been like this, even when I had the above error.

I made all the mappings virtual (yellow) in reWASD as suggested, the behaviour has not changed, and the pad intermittently works at times.

Regarding applying configs on-the fly, for the sake of the video, I have held Retroarch opened, but I did tens/hundreds of same attempts with closing and reopening, so I can conclude that it is the same exact behaviour and that RetroArch is trustable in spotting immediately problems that serves the purpose to not annoy in the vide, that's why I show it, but I have the same behaviours with other applications.

Here's a new video with all mappings, and switching virtual device type:

Leave a comment:

• wookiepediologist
    replied
    The controller is selected, as needed.
    Please visit the reWASD preferences - Gamepads - Hide physical controllers when the virtual ones are created. Make sure this option is checked.

If you use only a gamepad for the remapping, there is no need to initialize other devices, as a result, please skip the steps with devices initialization.

You can check if the virtual controller is being detected and working properly by running the joy.cpl Windows tool (Win+R → joy.cpl → Run).

There should be only one controller detected, and it should be only the virtual gamepad of reWASD.

Another thing we can suggest is making all the mappings virtual (yellow colored). To do such thing, please assign the required mappings manually via the remapping settings.

Let us know of any results. The main thing there, is a joy.cpl behavior. Only the reWASD's virtual gamepad must be appearing there. If it shows up, the mappings work correctly, the issue might be in the app you use, it might work not correctly with the virtual gamepads.

Also, you are trying to apply the config on-fly. Please make sure to apply the config before the app opens. By making so, you will make sure the virtual gamepad is created before running the RetroArch app, so it is correctly initialized by the app before you start it.

Leave a comment:

• lupo90
    replied
    Hi,

Thanks for your answer reWASDer ,
    I have cleared the data from the settings. This seems to have got rid of the message "Games and Apps May Not Detect Virtual Controller Properly if There are Physical Ones Connected. It is better to unplug them to avoid conflicts."
    I don't know how to initialise the devices in your point 4, can you help?
    I don't have the golden [+] icon you are hinting at your screenshot above, how can I make it appear and what does it do?

It still doesn't work well or quite at all. I have tested it both with creating a virtual X360 and XOne output controller and simila results.
    I have made a video, hopefully it helps: https://youtu.be/KQe-7FxxIr0

Can you please help?

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    Hey there!

Shion hints at this corner:

Click image for larger version  Name:	n2YZgNlhb8kkNA?d=1.png Views:	0 Size:	84.0 KB ID:	226435

The device you are remapping should be selected here as an active one.

This message appears if you are creating a virtual controller on some device and have other physical controller connected.

It seems that some other device has a config that is applied, so that's why it may happen. We could try the fresh reset here. Please try this steps:

1. Go to Preferences (a gear icon at the bottom right), General tab
    2. Click Clear data button and confirm your action
    3. Wait until the GUI and tray agent appear
    4. Initialize your devices from scratch and try again

Leave a comment:

• lupo90
    replied
    Hello, I have the same problem as above, I do not understand what Shion means to have a controller as an active device at left bottom corner, do you mean to have it as "Remap is ON"? in that case it is on, but still the controller doesn't work properly
    I find it works intermittently, and this is quite frustrating, what does the above message mean, and how can we resolve it?

Leave a comment:

• Support Agent
    replied
    Most likely you haven't selected your Xbox One Controller as an active device at left bottom corner.

Leave a comment:

• Games and Apps May Not Detect Virtual Controller Properly...

I am trying to use my xbox one controller emulated as keyboard and mouse for COD Warzone. Every time I hit apply I get this message:

"Games and Apps May Not Detect Virtual Controller Properly if There are Physical Ones Connected. It is better to unplug them to avoid conflicts."

I hit ok but it does not work. The controller does not do anything, it's like is asking me to unplug the controller to get it to work, but how will it work unplug. It makes no sense to me but maybe someone here already ran into this or I am just doing something wrong. Remap is on.
Working...
X