Using reWASD with remote play ps5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using reWASD with remote play ps5

Hi guys, i really would like to know if is possible to use your wonderfull programm with ps5 on remote play with key and mouse. If yes could you please tell me how or indicate me a guide to follow? tnx in advance guys.!!!! cheers

It seems to be possible to connect to PS5 console via Remote Play with DS4 gamepad. So it is possible in theory. But you will be limited by DualShock 4 functionality, as reWASD is unable to emulate DualSense, meaning that games with DualSense requirement most likely won't work.

Comment

Since in ps5 we have a lot of games with backward compatibility, i will just need to avoid ps5 exclusive game? is that right? and then us ps4 remote play output. Please tell me i'm right XD

Comment

We don't have PS5 yet, so I can't say for sure, but article I linked above suggests that you are correct.

Comment

First of all Shion tnx for your patience, second, is there any other way we can confirm this? Maybe i can try to post this question in another section to have a better view? let me know and tnx for your support!

Comment

All forum posts are public, so if there are someone who knows more, they will certainly drop the line

reWASD has 14-day trial period, so you could try it by yourself if you already have PS5 console. If it works with DS4 via Remote Play (like it is described in the article from Sony's official website), then it will detect our virtual controller for sure. Would be grateful if you could let us know how it goes.

Comment

Hello there!

I can confirm that DualShock is supported only at PS4-compatible games, so you cannot use it on the PS5 exclusive games. This was announced by Sony a couple of days before release. It is also not up to us, really, so I can suggest you finding some Reddit posts if you want an additional confirmation.

We are working on implementing the DualSense as a virtual gamepad of our software, but this is a very complicated process, so no ETA for now.

Stay tuned!

Comment

Wow guys really tnx for the support you giving me. I feel comfortable in here. I trust in the project, so i bought a reWASD key anyway. This project is huge and the software is working so smoothly, keep it up guys you great! So my ps5 is not arrived jet i cannot confirm if its working or not, but since you guys you telling me that with a compatible ps4 game i can connect remote play and emulate a dualshock, i can surely play title like "the division 2" (my prefered one, and old gen since it was for ps4) on ps5 using remote play and ps4 emulation. Is that right?

Comment

Thank you for your kind words!

Seems it should work according to the official info. Let's see once you get the console. Would be grateful for any info from you!

Comment

I will let you know as far i get my hands on ps5

Comment

Sure, thank you!

Comment

ok guys ps5 is here, i succesfully connected with remote play launching the division 2 on ps4, the problem is that i cannot use my mouse on the remote play window and i still see the cursor so something is obv not good. Just to be clear i have the base version of rewasd....did i need the full? to unlock everything?

Comment

Hey, there!
                          Are you using our PS4 remote play config for the game? Or some special config? If yes, please show a screenshot.

Comment

ok guys mouse is working now even if i see ursor, the problem now is the y axis that is not responding.....need to inrease the response. the x is working fine.

Comment

Here are 2 helpful articles to help you tune your stick and mouse response curves respectively:

Comment

Working...
                              X