Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I play Infamous Second Son on psnow with DS3? (gyro?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I play Infamous Second Son on psnow with DS3? (gyro?)

So here is the thing. I bought a couple of rewasd licenses to use my ds3 controllers (ps3) on my pc to play psnow, mostly to be able to play ps4 games which require using the pad non existant on the ds3, and also to be able to play wireless with ps3 controller. Everything has worked so far. I had a problem playing some quantic dream games which require the use of movements of the controller (Detroit: become human), but somehow it did work when I tried again. This is, it looks like the movement of my ds3 controller is getting detected (when asked to move the controller up, or shake it, or move it to one side). Not sure if this is called sixaxis techonoly, gyro or whatever.

The thing is, recently infamous second son came into psnow catalogue and I really wanted to play it. It's also a ps4 game and it does use some very specific mechanics involving controller movement (gyro I believe). The game shows a wall in which you are going to paint a graffitti, and asks you to hold the controller sideways (as if you were holding a can) and then press R2 to paint. Ok so I see the game detects that I put my controller sideways, and it detects that I shake it when it asks me too (I can hear the rattle of spray can when I shake it). R2 delivers paint just as it should. But apparently, moving the controller around should make me able to chose where I paint, and that's not happening. The sprayig point is not moving, I move my controller around and does nothing.

So here is my question. Is this because the ds3 controllers lack some hardware related feature that the ds4 controllers do have? Is my controller malfunctioning? Is there any workaround? Can I emulate it somehow just as I emulate ds4 panel actions with combos of keys?

DS3 does lack some things compared to DS4 (gyro) and there is no workaround at the moment. We have plans to add stick-to-gyro mappings, but that won't come pretty soon. We will certainly let you know once this functionality is released.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your answer, I was afraid that was the case. Anyway, I find it kind of strange that I have been able to successfuly play ps4 games which require controller movements, I guess its because that infamous game is the only one to actually use the features of the ds4 gyro which seem to be able to know where the controller is in space, while the other games use the regular move actions that are compatible with my old DS3 controller.

I guess I will have to buy a DS4 controller to play that game after all.

Comment

PS Now has many games optimized for DS3 as far as I know, so yeah, you can play many games using its sixaxis (accelerometer) technology. But Infamous is know because of perfect gyro control, so seems this one requires another controller.

As Shion mentioned, we are planning to add emulation of the gyroscope that could be mapped to the physical stick, so that would be a workaround, but anyway, the new controller will be a good solution too Also, you could look at DualSense, reWASD allows you to remap it to the virtual DS4, so you will get all the things done with that one for sure.

Comment

Working...
        X