How to add Windows Store Games (gamepass) to profiles for autodetect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add Windows Store Games (gamepass) to profiles for autodetect

The paths aren't visible via the instructions (open file location), as they are installed to hidden encrypted folders. Any workaround?

Code:
    "processNames": [
      "FortniteLauncher.exe",
      "FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe",
      "FortniteClient-Win32-Shipping.exe",
      "FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_BE.exe",
      "FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_EAC.exe"
    ],
    Only filenames of executables are listed in configs. Path is irrelevant. So you can either add it manually into the file while reWASD is closed. Or you can create a text file somewhere, rename it to game executable (like "game.exe") and add it as associated app.

Comment

Interesting, thanks.

Comment

It's such a pain to add executables in this program. I found the path via UWPHook, but Rewasd is trying to open the executable and because it is a UWP it denies the permission. If it only takes the executable name the program should just allow you to write it and be done with it.

Comment

Also, I can't find where to add the config lines you are point to. I found a user.config file in AppData for rewasd, but there is no reference there to any of the profiles I've created.

Comment

That is a part of *.rewasd file right at the beginning. These files can be found here: c:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles\

Comment

What section would you add the processNames in, it doesn't exist by default in the file?

Comment

Code:
                {
                  "schemaVersion": 3.0,
                  "appVersion": "5.7.0",
                  "config": {
                    "appName": "Testing",
                [b]    "processNames": [
                      "myProcess.exe",
                      "test.exe"
                    ],[/b]
                  "minTimeUnit": 1
                  },
                If config doesn't have any associated apps, [ProcessNames] section might be missing. It comes after [appName] setting inside [config] as an array.

Comment

Thanks, I've added a dummy filename as you suggested as it seems to be the simpler approach.

Comment

Working...
                  X