Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to enable Gyro only while pressing right touchpad (Steam Controller)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to enable Gyro only while pressing right touchpad (Steam Controller)?

I've read some other threads, but can't get it to work. I want the the Gyro to only be enabled whenever my thumb is resting on the touchpad, and disabled when it's not. I've mapped the toggle to start press and release press, but I get the opposite behavior (Gyro is on when my thumb is not touch the touchpad, off when it is). Ideally there should be separate On and Off controls for the gyroscope, instead of a toggle.

You can either map gyro to something at main shift, and disable that mapping on another shift, while making that right touchpad into a shift modifier. Though I don't remember if setting touchpad as shift modifier is possible right now.

Another way would be to map [Toggle Gyro On/Off] command to right touchpad via both [Start Press] and [Release Press] activators. Commands require Tray Agent to be enabled to work.

Comment

Sorry answered in the other thread, but none of this suggestions work. The shift mode isn't available for touchpad touch, and the toggle does the opposite (on when touchpad isn't pressed, off when it is).

Comment

Map another key to the same command and tap it once after you apply the config then.

Comment

Working...
        X