Remap buttons bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remap buttons bug

So this has been almost an entire day of troubleshooting...

But this might be pretty useful information as I couldn't find much info on how to fix XInput remapping corruption... not sure how else to describe it, not all applications effected, persisted through all application, driver and plugin removals and reinstalls, and a system restore even.

It happened to me with a Switch Pro controller (and might have had to do with using both ReWASD and XInputPlus [an xinput wrapper] together?), but I've seen threads about it with Steam controllers too...

It caused the single application (game) to always see the following bindings LT>LS>Back and RT>RS>Start for any and all Xbox controllers, seemingly forever.

The only solution I've been able to find for such severe XInput corruption was... reinstall windows.... yikes.

After spending a whole day reinstalling... just wanted to play, so I went ahead and created a new ReWASD profile and used the Remap function to set the affected buttons to their correct counterparts, loaded the game, and found my buttons were now reversed again... switched the Remap functions back to their original settings (seemingly changing nothing) and suddenly the problem was resolved... except the game no longer perceives LT and RT as being bound to the Z-axis in addition to their button forms anymore... technically not correct xbox360 controller feedback(?), but precisely the effect I was looking for in the first place, as per my previous post... just wish the solution didn't involve some bit of lingering system corruption...

Not blaming ReWASD for the corruption mind you... but it did manage to solve it... somehow?

Well, it has a bit of simpler solution.

We do not guarantee our software working properly, thus, we cannot guarantee reWASD and XInputPlus will work together normally, without any issues.

About the input types, it depends on which virtual device is selected (link). For DInput, we have the DualShock, Xinput - Xbox 360 and One controllers.

Also, we would appreciate if you could tell us what device you use for remapping and some screenshots of your config, or the config file itself.

Comment

Working...
    X