Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we use xbox controller mapping with adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we use xbox controller mapping with adapter?

Hi guys, I am using an Xbox controller elite2, I try to map the back stick to the keyboard for some mod functions. I know we can't wire the controller while using the mapping, but can we use the box adapter while mapping? Because the Bluetooth connection is really not very stable. Thank you!

Hello,

As this is the official Xbox adapter, there should be no issues related to compatibility with reWASD. Till the controller is detected in Windows as is, reWASD will detect it as well. Thus, you can use it.

What we wanted to mention here is that switching the controller from wired to wireless mode will trigger the controller to be switched as reWASD, because the Xbox controller, same as any other is being recognized as a different device, depending on how it is connected to your PC. e.g. When it is connected wired it is Xbox WIRED controller (device ID 1), but when you connect it wirelessly, it becomes Xbox Wireless controller (Device ID changes to 2).

Thus, config re-apply might be required, except the autodetect feature was enabled for the gamepad, so once it is connected, config is being applied automatically.

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
      Hello,

As this is the official Xbox adapter, there should be no issues related to compatibility with reWASD. Till the controller is detected in Windows as is, reWASD will detect it as well. Thus, you can use it.

What we wanted to mention here is that switching the controller from wired to wireless mode will trigger the controller to be switched as reWASD, because the Xbox controller, same as any other is being recognized as a different device, depending on how it is connected to your PC. e.g. When it is connected wired it is Xbox WIRED controller (device ID 1), but when you connect it wirelessly, it becomes Xbox Wireless controller (Device ID changes to 2).

Thus, config re-apply might be required, except the autodetect feature was enabled for the gamepad, so once it is connected, config is being applied automatically.
      Thank you for the reply. Sorry I did not make myself clear, I know the adapter will fit reWASD. I am meeting exact the trouble you explained. That when I wire the controller(Device ID 1), then I mapp the controller as the virtual controller (Device ID 2), sometimes they mess up, the game can not decide which one to use(according to that some functions fail to apply). I am wondering if there are some ways I can block the Device ID 1 in game so that game will detect Device ID 2 only?

Comment

Xbox controller, wired and/or wireless, must be selected as active device and an option [Hide physical controller when virtual one is created] must be enabled at [Preferences > Gamepads]. Though it is recommended to apply config before starting the game, so it wouldn't have anything to choose from but our virtual gamepad.

Comment

Hello!

Let me put my two cents here

Xbox Elite 2 has a pretty strange behavior while being connected via BT — it looks as a totally new controller with this connection. That is why there is no way to apply the same config automatically when you change the connection. However, if you use wire and Xbox adapter, there should not be any issues, because those two connection types are the same for us and the system.

Comment

Working...
          X