Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does REWASD work for Xbox Games Pass on PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does REWASD work for Xbox Games Pass on PC?

I subscribe to Games Pass, but would live to add gyro support to games like Doom Eternal.

Was wondering if REWASD could work playing games on Games Pass for PC

Hey there!

reWASD works for any PC game, including the ones you have with your Game Pass subscription. There is only one small note — most games from Microsoft Store are hidden on the file system, and so you can't find the right *.exe file to use with Autodetect, but everything else works perfectly.

As for the gyro, not sure if there is any Microsoft game that supports it natively, because there is no gyro in Xbox controllers. But if you have the gamepad with gyro (let's say DualShock 4), you can remap it to the virtual Xbox 360 or One controller and map your gyro to the stick. This way you will be able to move the camera with a gyro while the game will see it as an ordinary supported stick.

Comment

Really appreciate it! I’ve been considering buying REWASD and now I think I will.

can you please further explain when you said the files are hidden? Does that mean instead of REWASD finding them automatically, I have to simply manually locate them? And If that’s the case, do you know where Games Pass games are typically located on a drive?

thanms again for your help, I really appreciate it!

Comment

The easiest way to be sure if you need to buy reWASD is to try it for free. We have 14-day trial period for the basic functionality + 3-day trial period for each advanced feature. You can download it from the official site, no registration required.

Does that mean instead of REWASD finding them automatically, I have to simply manually locate them? And If that’s the case, do you know where Games Pass games are typically located on a drive?
        You need to locate the file manually for any game, in order to associate it in reWASD, so next time reWASD could apply a config automatically once you open a game. The problem is that you can't find some games from the Store on your PC, and that is why you can't set them in our app. You may need to apply the config manually, and then you are ready to play.

Comment

I recommend that you do the following:
          Download https://github.com/BrianLima/UWPHook. This will detect your UWP games (from gamepass), and it will show you the install location. Go there in explorer and you will be able to see what the executable name is. Alternatively, just look it up in the Task Manager while the game is running. Unfortunately, because of permissions, you can't point REWASD to this directory and file executable, so you just need the game's executable name.

Then, in another folder (can be the same for all games), create a 'dummy' text file with the name of the executable (just click on new-text file in explorer and rename it to the name of the game's executable + .exe). Example Doom.exe. Then point REWASD to that file. Some games also need some additional executables for detection to work properly. Like in the case of Doom Eternal, you need to add an app called idLauncher.exe too for it to work properly.

It's very convoluted but I've found this is the best way right now to do this.
          Last edited by flowerdealer; 23.03.2021, 18:48.

Comment

Wow, thanks flowerdealer for the tip!

We are working on making it possible to add the *.exe file by the process name if it is active now, so hope in one of the next versions, you will be able to make it easier

Comment

Hey there!

We have released reWASD 5.8 that allows you to add an active process to the list of the associated apps. This will help you Autodetect the games from Microsoft's Store.
              Would be grateful if you could test the new version ​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
              X