Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Teamviewer to input Keyboard remotely on a machine running PS Remote / ReWASD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Teamviewer to input Keyboard remotely on a machine running PS Remote / ReWASD

I was trying to set it up so that I could use a Teamviewer session to remote into my primary gaming laptop and input a couple simple commands (hit [Triangle] or [Square] when I needed to) from another desktop. I'm wondering if ReWASD isn't detecting the physical key input if it can still detect key input through the Teamviewer session, because on my end I'm either configuring things wrong (first time user) or it just can't.

Anyone know how that would work, or if it can?

Hello!

If I understood you correctly, you have the following setup:

1. reWASD is installed on the physical machine you are using at the moment. You press the physical keyboard key mapped to the virtual controller button
    2. The machine 1 is connected to the gaming laptop and you want it to see the controller button?

If I am right, then unfortunately, it is not possible, because TeamViewer doesn't transfer controllers from the physical machine to the virtual one. You can do the same with keyboard or mouse mappings, but the virtual (or physical controller) can't be detected.

In case if I do not understand your case correctly, please explain me more details

Comment

Gaming Laptop: Running ReWASD and Running PS Remote play

Desktop: Using Teamviewer to remote into the above Laptop in order to use keyboard commands within the PS Remote Play

Does that make sense? I'd be using the keyboard at the Desktop, which has a Teamviewer session opened to the Gaming Laptop which has ReWASD and PS Remote running on it.

If there is another way it could be done using ReWASD that's cool too, I just don't know if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Comment

reWASD only works with physical keyboards. In the TeamViewer, your keystrokes are implemented as virtual keystrokes that are ignored. Unfortunately, we cannot help you yet.

Comment

Dunno if this would be a worthy suggestion for the box, but even having something I could record in person, but click via mouse to "fire" it would be helpful in my situation. I'm just looking to use a couple buttons when needed to set options, trigger other things that don't use the PS Remote standard defined keys.

Thanks for your response guys.

Comment

Well, it is possible, but I am not sure if this feature appears in reWASD soon. Will keep you updated

Comment

Cool beans, thanks man!

Comment

Working...
              X