Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't use reWASD in Rocket League at all

Hi.

I've recently tried to use reWASD with an Xbox 360 controller in Rocket League (on Windows 10) but whenever I turn the remap ON, the game doesn't treat my controller as the main ("first") one so I can't actually use it.

The controller works as a "2nd" controller instead, as if I connected two separate controllers. As a result, I could use it to play as a second player in the split screen mode. I launched the training mode in split screen to check and the remapping works in general.

Windows joy.cpl sees only 1 controller. The only issue is that the game doesn't think the remapped controller is the main ("1st") one for some reason.

I've already tried many different options and rebooting the system several times. Nothing worked so far. And when I turn the remap OFF, the controller is immediately working as the main ("1st") one in Rocket League so I can play it but without the remap, obviously.

Can anyone help, please?
    Attached Files

Hello!

Unfortunately, we are not fully aware of how rocket league detects the controllers. The only reasonable suggestion here will be to contact the game developer directly or search for a solution on the internet. As the controller is not being shown in the joy.cpl, usually, there is no way the game detects some another controller.

Still, what we can suggest is to make sure you enable the remap (apply the config) before entering the game.
    Also, you can try making all the mappings as virtual controller's one. (make them all set manually, so they become yellow-colored).
    Another thing you can do is to try making it work as a virtual DualShock or Xbox One controller (link).
    Make sure you don't have any other mapping software which can cause the gamepads incompatibility.

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
      (...) As the controller is not being shown in the joy.cpl, usually, there is no way the game detects some another controller. (...)
      Thanks for the reply. I think you misunderstood me. When I wrote:

Windows joy.cpl sees only 1 controller.
      I meant the Windows correctly sees the remapped controller so on the system level everything is fine. I tried to emphasize the controller is not for example "duplicated" or that I have more than one device connected to the PC. Moreover, the remap works OK in the game but it is recognized as a second controller ("player two") instead of the main one ("player one").

And this:

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
      Unfortunately, we are not fully aware of how rocket league detects the controllers.
      Rocket League is among the "most popular" games on your "community" page here: https://www.rewasd.com/community
      And yet you don't know how to make your software make work with it? That's really disappointing.

I think I somehow managed to "fix" the issue the next day by playing with the Steam Input settings. By the way, I've never used them before at all so I'm not even sure what I was doing and it's hard to say what exactly helped me so I will just leave a short note about what I was doing and maybe it will help somebody else in the future.

I used the Steam settings window to disable the support for the Xbox controller. I re-enabled it the next day and then a few weird things happened to me. For example, when I tried to change the key bindings inside Rocket League, it was opening the Steam input settings to do this instead of the standard in-game panel (and I've never seen that Steam's one before). I was playing with it for a while, then I switched back to the game and it all suddenly started working as expected with reWASD turned ON as well. Moreover, when I entered the key binding screen again, the in-game one was shown instead of Steam's one, which is even weirder. I have no clue what exactly happened there and I started to think Steam messes up something about the controllers. Anyway, as a result, Steam now behaves a little differently than before. It shows me a little popup in the corner of the screen (the same place where you see one of your friends is now playing or where you see the achievements) whenever I plug or unplug the controller and whenever I turn the remap ON or OFF. It wasn't happening before at all. As I said, the problem is gone now and everything works. I would like to know why and how because I'm afraid the same issue will happen to me again in the future.

Comment

Originally Posted by azabost View Post
        And yet you don't know how to make your software make work with it?
        The game is known to have problems with properly detecting multiple gamepads on-the-fly. Applying config prior to starting the game and not toggling remap during it should make everything work properly. Though it seems you've found another solution that is "let Steam sort all the controllers out".

Comment

Working...
        X